Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Erik Morales generally rated higher than Marquez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is Erik Morales generally rated higher than Marquez?

Among boxing fans they all seem to rate Morales higher than Marquez? Why? I always though Marquez was the more consistent fighter. Morales had a great career no doubt. Even comparing their fights with Pac, Morales has a tremendous first fight but Marquez always was a problem for Manny in every fight.

because prime for prime he was better

he outboxed a young floyd in sparring but that was a young floyd but goes to show you how good he was

Comment

Probably because he didn't drink his own urine.

I always thought Morales and Marquez were pretty similar in terms of achievements but I can see why they favour Morales more. It's those epic battles he had with Barrera and the win he got over Barrera probably remains long in the memory of boxing fans. They were classics after all.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing56 View Post
        Among boxing fans they all seem to rate Morales higher than Marquez? Why? I always though Marquez was the more consistent fighter. Morales had a great career no doubt. Even comparing their fights with Pac, Morales has a tremendous first fight but Marquez always was a problem for Manny in every fight.

Morales fought top level competition.
        And he ducked no one.

Marquez is a fake mexican. A true coward.
        He refused to fight Morales several times turning down career high paydays.

He also ducked Humberto Soto, Joan Guzman And Edwin Valero to name just a few.

He eventually grew the balls to fight Barrera when Barrera was old flabby and sick. And nearly got Knocked the fcuk out. and barely scraped a decision. Imagine what prime Marco would do.

Comment

Morales has a more fan friendly style.

Comment

Interesting how Marquez has been getting shine lately and the cake, and the PACtârds get defensive, so they bring up Morales because of the PAC series. Lol

Morales was accused of PEDs for the series narrative as well...

They mad cause Morales didn't put PAC to sleep!!

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing56 View Post
              Because Morales was not only the best of that era, but also the best at that weight. ATG easily. Morales turned pro @ 16 so by the time he was 32 he was well shot.

JMM could never beat a prime Morales on his best day, thats why they avoided him and MAB when they were hot.

When Morales fought Pacquiao the 2nd time, he was completely done. Morales left a lot behind in the MAB fights.

Originally posted by jas View Post
              He outboxed a young floyd in sparring but that was a young floyd but goes to show you how good he was
              Really? I've never heard about this, very interested to learn more. Do you have a source or a lead to a source by chance? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
                Because Morales was not only the best of that era, but also the best at that weight. ATG easily. Morales turned pro @ 16 so by the time he was 32 he was well shot.

JMM could never beat a prime Morales on his best day, thats why they avoided him and MAB when they were hot.

When Morales fought Pacquiao the 2nd time, he was completely done. Morales left a lot behind in the MAB fights.

Really? I've never heard about this, very interested to learn more. Do you have a source or a lead to a source by chance? Thanks!
                Barrera turned pro at 15 like PAC. What were the scores for Marquez for Barrera?

Out of all The Mexicans which one put PACto sleep!!!!??

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Steele View Post
                  Morales fought top level competition.
                  And he ducked no one.

Marquez is a fake mexican. A true coward.
                  He refused to fight Morales several times turning down career high paydays.

He also ducked Humberto Soto, Joan Guzman And Edwin Valero to name just a few.

He eventually grew the balls to fight Barrera when Barrera was old flabby and sick. And nearly got Knocked the fcuk out. and barely scraped a decision. Imagine what prime Marco would do.
                  Try again

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post

https://groups.google.com/forum/m/#!...ng/BroQ1dxBDL0

Due to numerous requests from readers wanting to know what really happened
                    > between Erik Morales and Floyd Mayweather when they sparred at Big Bear, CA,
                    > Diamond Damon went right to the source. Erik was not at home but I did speak with
                    > Erik's chief second Fernando Fernandez who was there when they sparred. He told
                    > me that when Erik and Floyd were sparring together on the first day that Floyd
                    > was trying to teach Erik some of his defensive moves and Erik told him "No way,
                    > you can't do it
                    > like that or you'll get hit". Floyd didn't believe him so Erik started started
                    > feinting him and then peppering him with shots. Fernando said Erik did land some
                    > big shots on Floyd and that Floyd looked really surprised and eventually stormed
                    > out of the ring all
                    > pissed off. The next day they were supposed to spar again but Floyd didn't show
                    > up, electing to train in the afternoon instead of in the morning with Erik. The
                    > same
                    > story was told to me by Erik's brother Diego Morales, the WBO super flyweight
                    > champion. Boxing Mania! reporter Ramiro Sanchez will be seeing Erik at the fights
                    >
                    > Friday night in Tijuana and will try to get more information. Erik is generally a
                    > pretty
                    > modest fellow so he'll probably try to downplay it, but I believe it's safe to
                    > say that
                    > Erik more than held his own with the larger Mayweather.

Comment

Working...
                    X