Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Erik Morales generally rated higher than Marquez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Morales beat both Pacquiao and Barrera arguably both in their primes at the time. he is a legend. His losses only started piling up at the end of his career when he was way past it. Had he retired after the Pacquiao win he would have been 48-2, beating every single opponent he had ever faced.

Losses to lesser knowns like Norwood and Chris John in the middle of his career also further cement Morales as a step above Marquez. Morales = consistent.
    Last edited by ddeg10; 08-08-2017, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
      Try again

Hahaha.
      Looks like we have a p'iss drinker...

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Steele View Post
        Morales fought top level competition.
        And he ducked no one.

Marquez is a fake mexican. A true coward.
        He refused to fight Morales several times turning down career high paydays.

He also ducked Humberto Soto, Joan Guzman And Edwin Valero to name just a few.

He eventually grew the balls to fight Barrera when Barrera was old flabby and sick. And nearly got Knocked the fcuk out. and barely scraped a decision. Imagine what prime Marco would do.
        Morales truly ducked nobody. Very true.

Morales was also more fun to watch I thought. Marquez was more methodical and careful, like an accountant, which is his other job. Haha.

Morales also went above and beyond for the fans.

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
          SNIP
          Thanks man, appreciated!

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
            Morales truly ducked nobody. Very true.

Morales was also more fun to watch I thought. Marquez was more methodical and careful, like an accountant, which is his other job. Haha.

Morales also went above and beyond for the fans.
            The thing is anthony that mexicans used to get credit for being brave and tough.

Marquez is an old guy. but he is definitely a "modern fighter"
            a far as menatlity goes. He is a *****..

When did Chavez (sr) Barrera, Morales, Olivares, Lopez
            etc ever duck?

You have modern mexican fighters like Johny Gonzalez, Jorge Arce, Margarito etc That duck nobody.

Then you have the f@ggots...
            Chavez (jr) Canelo, Marquez etc

Comment

Originally posted by Mirko Troll Cop View Post
              Barrera turned pro at 15 like PAC. What were the scores for Marquez for Barrera?

Out of all The Mexicans which one put PACto sleep!!!!??
              I didn't know MAB turned pro that young. If you're trying to contest my words, you just gave me additional ammunition to shoot you with. Turn pro young, get shot young especially when you have wars like MAB and Morales did with each other.

Morales and MAB left something in the ring after the trilogy. Neither of them were the same fighter after the fought each other the 2nd time, never mind the 3rd.

Every fighter in history leaves something in the ring after 2-3 fights with another guy unless its Ray Robinson.

Comment

Probably because he beat Pacquiao pretty convincingly at his prime. That's one of my all time favorite performances. He was like three steps ahead of Pacauiao who was very fast at the time. Morales was a great fight that used very subtle defensive moves. I remember he gave Danny Garcia hell in a losing effort in their first fight. I prefer Marquez because he never let himself go the way Morales did but I think he's the better fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnny Steele View Post
                  Hahaha.
                  Looks like we have a p'iss drinker...
                  Rather drink piss than guzzle cum.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                    Rather drink piss than guzzle cum.
                    So...
                    for the record. You have just admitted you drink p'iss?

Comment

Originally posted by ddeg10 View Post
                      Morales beat both Pacquiao and Barrera arguably both in their primes at the time. he is a legend. His losses only started piling up at the end of his career when he was way past it. Had he retired after the Pacquiao win he would have been 48-2, beating every single opponent he had ever faced.

Losses to lesser knowns like Norwood and Chris John in the middle of his career also further cement Morales as a step above Marquez. Morales = consistent.
                      Decent post. You should have mentioned Marquez sniveling cowardice doe.

That was a sh'it Genesis game by the way. I can honestly say the Genesis version of Action 52 is waaaaaay better. (No this is not a joke)

Comment

Working...
                      X