Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Erik Morales generally rated higher than Marquez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Johnny Steele View Post
    You are full of sh'it.
    Hamed ducked Morales, Marquez, Norwood and some other Euro bum. That's just of the top of my head.

Nas only ever fought one non bum.
    And he lost.
    He beat all the champions in his division and was supposed to face Morales if he'd beaten mab. Jmm turned down a mando shot.

So erm... No

Comment

from June 3, 2009

Oh man, where to begin...

I'll start with this- fistic church is now in session. This congregation only requires the lust for combat, unquenchable thirst to prove yourself and a jaw of concrete. Before it rained for 40 days and nights Erik gathered two of every species and they came because they knew what was good for them.

Watching highlights of this man makes me choke up. He is the epitome of a warrior, such a merciless bad ass with balls so massive that his exceptional skills are underrated. Anywhere, anyone, anyway, all night long.

Erik was Clint Eastwood. Even more apt, he was the real life Dirty Harry. Mean, ruthless, vindictive and yet still he was the good guy. A man who woke up in the morning, stuffed his balls in his holster, met another gladiator at the referee's instructions and said, "Go ahead, make my day". When you hit him with your best stuff he would come back at you with the tenacity and force of a hurricane. As if to say, "I'm Erik Morales, the most powerful entity in the world and my right hand can knock your head clean off. So you have to ask yourself a question. Do you feel lucky? Well do you, punk?"

Many a punk tried, but none of them were lucky. We as boxing fans were the lucky ones. In a 33 month stretch at the end of glorious career he fought Marco Antonio Barerra, Carlos Hernandez, Jesus Chavez and Manny Pacquiao three times. That is a vicious schedule by today's standards. Manny is already establishing himself as one of history's absolute top fighters. Who knows how high he can climb? One thing I feel pretty certain of, you wont see someone else stare him down and kick his ass again. Manny showed off his greatness in the last half of the three wars, but El Terrible was there the whole time, begrudgingly wilting with the honor and glory of a fallen samurai.

Oh yeah, there was another trilogy you may have heard of, against another all time great that included 2 violent wars and a fight where Erik was robbed after clearly out-boxing a man who wasn't there to fight. The first fight was as good and painfully violent as it gets. Both men asked no quarter and none was given. It could have went either way but the real winner was the world. That was Genesis. On the 19th day of February in the year 2000, Erik Morales created a fan that will never forget him.

Slugfests with In Jun Chi and Guty Espadas were just par for the course. He didn't always win, (maybe he could have won more if he didn't think with his sack) but look me in the eye and tell me there is greater theater than watching him eat a vicious combination only to explode out of a cannon and drive his opponent into the ropes with blazing fists of revenge.

You've all seen it, I don't have to recap everything. This isn't one of the guys from my youth that maybe only this old man and a few others saw. Southpaw in the 12th, defiantly hovering over Velardez' fallen body, blasting Diaz to the canvas in another screwjob, the unrelenting desire to prove his manhood and thrill us fans. You remember don't you? Do you feel lucky to have seen it? If you don't, you're a punk.

Shortly Erik will be back. He is a young man and there are still infidels to punish. It wont end as well as I will pray for. But I can guarantee you one thing... he'll make sure you get your money's worth. Get up in the morning, crack a beer or a bottle, take your vitamins, say your prayers and prepare for Revelations. The final chapter of war and violence from boxing's Santa Claus. Thanks buddy, I'll be there, prayer book in hand, ready to rock 'n roll with the Lord.

"Did you like that, Mark?"

"Yeah Erik, I loved it!"

http://theboxingbulletin.blogspot.co...0-at-40-4.html

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
        He beat all the champions in his division?
        That never actually happened you lying b@stard.

It's true what they say.
        "Your people" are just born liars.

Comment

Easy answer - Because people fall in love with "fighters" more so than "boxers". For some reason people lose their rationality when it comes to "fighters". Just like how people said Pacquiao was better than Floyd because he was more "exciting". They forget it's called boxing and not "fighting". They give more credit to "fighters".

JMM is easily the better boxer and should be ranked higher because of this and because he beat Pacquiao 3x, but Morales gave a lot of excitement and produced several "Fight of The Year" candidates. If we're just talking skills though, JMM is better than Pacquiao, Barrera, Morales, all of them. Everyone ranks based on different things though. Some people on here base a fighters greatness on how many fight of the years they've had, even their likability plays a part
          Last edited by JK1700; 08-09-2017, 01:36 PM.

Comment

He quit mentally against Chris John, Norwood, Bradley and even
            feather fisted Mayweather made him stop trying to win.

Just to be clear.
            You are attempting to argue Chicken Marquez had more heart than Warrior Morales?

Guys like Edwin Valero had that pi55 drinking geek runnin for the hills.

Dude was a pi55 drinking, roid abusing, fight ducking, heartless f@ggot.
            You're too emotionally invested dude, count to ten and think rationally. Everything you said is illogical, stick to facts.

Comment

Both are bad guys, but i give the edge to Marquez.
              Barrera triology was insane though.

Comment

Ring Mag: Doug Fischer April 2012, before Marquez's Q4 KO on Pacquiao

For much of his 19-year professional career Juan Manuel Marquez had waged war against shadows. One of them was his own style, for his technical brilliance and ring savvy required a sharper eye and a more willing mindset than many fans were ready to bestow at the time. Add to that all the other issues that threatened to swallow him whole:

* In his pro debut, Marquez was disqualified in the first round for a butt-induced cut after a ringside physician – who Marquez later discovered had a piece of his opponent Javier Duran – recommended the stoppage.

* His inability to drag then-WBO featherweight titlist Naseem Hamed into the ring, even as a mandatory challenger for more than two years;

* His stumble against Freddie Norwood in his first world title shot, a fight in which he was favored to win;

* His less-than-scintillating performance in beating Orlando Salido on the Bernard Hopkins-Oscar de la Hoya pay-per-view undercard;

* His manager’s refusal to accept a $750,000 payday for a Manny Pacquiao rematch only to lose his belt to Chris John in Indonesia for $30,000;

* His losing battle to the more dynamic Erik Morales and Marco Antonio Barrera for the hearts of Mexican fans.

Any one of these would have crushed a lesser fighter, but Marquez shrugged it all off and proceeded to make history. After the disappointing win over Salido, Marquez adopted a more fan-friendly style and ripped off victories against a gauntlet of high-quality opponents, picking up belts at 130 and 135 along the way. Along with the Klitschkos, Juan Manuel and his brother Rafael comprise the most successful brother act the sport has even known.

Marquez also was the oldest man ever to defend a lightweight title and if you believe his fans he owns three victories over Manny Pacquiao. His only decisive loss in the last six years came against Floyd Mayweather Jr., a very excusable defeat given Mayweather’s otherworldly boxing talents as well as “Money’s” refusal to scale the contracted weight of 144.

On Saturday, Marquez continues his chase toward a fourth divisional crown when he faces the 30-1 (13) Serhiy Fedchenko before his adoring fans in Mexico City. The fact that his fans can be described as “adoring” is a testament to the success Marquez earned during his inspirational late-career run, a run whose finish line is located in Canastota, New York. The reasons why will be detailed in the following paragraphs, which will chronicle one writer’s opinion of his 10 best performances.

Comment

No they haven't forgotten. These cnuts are just tryin to rewrite history.

He beat Maidana actually. Surprisingly easily as well.
                  But they robbed him.

He didn't need two gos at it...
                  exactly

also on the first fight
                  he was slapping danny around like the bi t ch that he is... old ass morales in crappy shape took care of those two....

Erik is a legend and is recognized as the superior fighter by Mexicans from the homeland...

Comment

That never actually happened you lying b@stard.

It's true what they say.
                    "Your people" are just born liars.
                    Can you tell me which champion he missed?

Comment

Morales fought top level competition.
                      And he ducked no one.

Marquez is a fake mexican. A true coward.
                      He refused to fight Morales several times turning down career high paydays.

He also ducked Humberto Soto, Joan Guzman And Edwin Valero to name just a few.

He eventually grew the balls to fight Barrera when Barrera was old flabby and sick. And nearly got Knocked the fcuk out. and barely sc****d a decision. Imagine what prime Marco would do.
                      Wrong on just about everything. He also wanted Morales and Barrera their own management and promotional teams said they felt he was too risky.

Valero wasn't even licensed to fight in the same country as him. Soto? When did that happen? Guzman? Seriously?

I'm guessing your a Pacquaio fanboy? Must feel bad that your boy was erased by a coward who can't fight for ****?

Comment

Working...
                      X