Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who do you miss most from the Tim Bradley, Juan Marquez, Robert Guerrero & Wladimir?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who do you miss most from the Tim Bradley, Juan Marquez, Robert Guerrero & Wladimir?

All of these fighters retired within a month (Bradley, Marques and Klitschko within a week!) and all of them were multi-world Champions. In the case of Bradley, Guerrero and Marquez they were multi-world Champions in various different weight divisions.

I think in terms of boxing, I miss Marquez most. His retirement came way too late in my opinion but I was sick to death of him announcing his comeback only to be mauled with injuries. However, he was one hell of a fighter and only lost to the best and arguably beat Pacquiao 4 times. I was a little shocked how easily Bradley beat him though.

Bradley, in my opinion, was an underachiever. He reminds me of Robert Guerrero. They both were master boxers who were pound for pound at one point but their styles dramatically changed and they became brawlers - not very good ones at that. Their retirement was exacerbated by this style. It's a shame they never fought each other and if they did, I have my money on Bradley.

Of all these fighters, Klitschko was the longest reining. Like him or not, him and his brother are great ambassadors for the sport. Wladimir didn't always give exciting fights but you can argue that the heavyweight division during his peak was pretty weak and he only did what he needed to do to win. His last fight with Joshua was winnable and I believe I am in the majority who felt that he should have won that fight if he stepped on the gas during that 6th round knockout. It is a testament to Joshua's conditioning that he was the eventual winner. However, to see Wladimir going toe-to-toe and nearly stopping a young, hungry, lion just shows you the kind of calibre he was even at his age.

On that note who's next to retire:

- Cotto is apparently retiring after Kamagei
    - Pacquiao after Horn
    - Mayweather Jr, again??
    Juan Manual Marquez
    53.49%
    Timothy Bradley
    27.91%
    Robert Guerrero
    2.33%
    Wladimir Klitschko
    16.28%
    Other (please specify)
    0.00%

None of them

They retire because they've slowed down

Once they've slowed down they're not entertaining to watch

Comment

I loved all their careers (wlads not so much but still watched)

but they are done.

Comment

Calling Bradley an underachiever is Blasphemy.

Comment

I don't miss any of them, for various reasons. Rob shouldnt even be getting a mention, he was a b level guy andn othing more. I'm probably being generous with that assessment.

In terms of the others, what is there to miss? They all had long and fulfilling careers, won championships and two of them are atgs. Yes there are regrets over some fights that could have been made but its not a big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
            Nah, I think he and Robert could have done so much more but not with their brawler styles. They hardly broke the rest of the Welterweight Division but decided to go for Pacquiao and Mayweather. I'd have pitted them against most of the division to be honest at that time.

Comment

Originally posted by MeiXiang View Post
              Nah, I think he and Robert could have done so much more but not with their brawler styles. They hardly broke the rest of the Welterweight Division but decided to go for Pacquiao and Mayweather. I'd have pitted them against most of the division to be honest at that time.
              Bradley could, but Robert? No. He doesnt have the skills for it. Bradley cleaned the LW and fought some good comp in the WW in chavez, pac marquez when keith, danny, spence where too green to cone around the equation.

But bradleys career is already HOF worthy. And remember, Guerrero got stopped by Salido.

Comment

But during their time you had guys like Garcia, Maidana, Khan, Peterson, Matthysse, Berto and Ortiz still around between 140-147- hell, Brook, Porter and Thurman were still up and coming but they were good enough to be considered fringe champions right there.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                  Not at welterweight it's not

Comment

Probably Marquez, followed by Klitschko.

Comment

Working...
                    X