Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adrien Broner needs a new trainer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I said it long ago Broner needs a Mexican trainer but he's to racist to humble himself.

Comment

A new trainer is not going to change his heart. He easily cracks under pressure and is afraid of getting knocked out by his opponent. He doesn't like throwing punches because he's afraid of getting hurt. A new trainer can't change his mentality.

Comment

He doesn't need a new trainer this is what he is 3 times a charm he's nothing special he's reached his ceiling. This is like Bradley switching to atlas it makes no difference against top guys.

Comment

Broners style is awful for his composition. He tries to pick his punches and counterpunch. He's not a Mayweather type. He doesn't have the long arms, super fast hand speed and quick reflexes.

He should he be trying to bully and brawl with his opponents. I really feel like he's afraid to get punched and that's why he never let's his hands go.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            What was it someone said the other day on here he's a modern day Zab Judah? Spot on.
            I mentioned that in a few posts.

All flash in the pan, all style no real substance.

To be honest, Zab is better.

Comment

Originally posted by Vegemil View Post
              Yeah when Broner's entire corner was telling him to throw more punches and he didn't listen to them the trainer is clearly at fault.
              If only boxing was that simple.

The reality was Mike Stafford had no effective game plan to beat Mikey he truly believed broner was TOO STRONG and TOO BIG for mikey and when that didnt work their was nothing there to work off of so thats why all Mike stafford could say in 12 minutes of giving broner advice on what to do is "Man Up" and "THROW MORE PUNCHES" lmfao. Mike stafford sucks.

People change trainers all the time once they peaked with their current set up, Bradley, Maidana, Kovalev etc etc and all have gone on to do better.

Boxing isnt this thing where your born with it or not, its a skill set and like with any other skill set with proper training you can acquire those skills sets in due time. Mike Stafford does not have any more skill sets to provide broner with.
              Last edited by .!WAR MIKEY!.; 07-30-2017, 03:16 PM.

Comment

Too late. Broner is what he is at this point. I always believe you fight how you train.

When I watch Broner hitting the pads or bag, he stands in one spot throwing flashy punches that won't even work when you have a world class fighter in front of you.

Yeah it's good for hand eye coordination and reflexes but you have to work on your fundamentals more because you can always fall back on that.

Comment

I don't think you can train a fighter to throw more punches. That's all on Broner. He's either lazy, doesn't have the stamina or his speed and power only works in spurts. I think he concentrates more on looking flashy by being fast and hitting hard and you'd have to do that in spurts. I'd like to see him get a new trainer just to see, but I have a feeling Broner will always be Broner.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
                    That seems like a terrible fit. Broner is not Mayweather, and trying to be "cute" didn't work for him at all. I'd say Broner would be better with an offensive minded trainer like Freddie Roach.

Broner wasn't badly hurt by Garcia's punches, and had he best rounds at the end of the fight when he threw caution to the win. Had he come out from the opening bell moving forward and looking to do damage we might have had a different fight.

Last night reminded me of Guerrero-Berto..... stop pretending you're slick and get to work.
                    ^This.

You should print this on a bunch of workout gear, and send it to those boxers who are the biggest culprits.

Comment

Broner is a Choker.. Like Brush' favorite football team

He doesn't need a new trainer, he needs to starve his ass back to 130-35 and pick on smaller, B-level fighters

Comment

Working...
                      X