Collapse
No announcement yet.

Adrien Broner needs a new trainer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Past his prime, won't be able to make 140 much longer. Will get manhandled by anyone of note at 147 up.

Comment

What was it someone said the other day on here he's a modern day Zab Judah? Spot on.

Comment

Definitely. He had no offensive weapons other than a left hook.

People are saying "throw more punches" I say "throw what punches??" All he has is a hook. He has one of the worst offensive arsenals in boxing. His jab has no timing and falls short, his combos are repetitive, telegraphed and hit gloves.

He needed a new trainer a long time ago. He has no identity as a fighter and does nothing well. The little success he's had is from his natural speed, power and size against smaller opponents.

Comment

I've been saying that for years. Robert easter is looking more and more like broner these days in the ring. The style is too slow paced. But idk if a trainer will change ab from being a bone head. He cares more about looking good than being good

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
            Definitely. He had no offensive weapons other than a left hook.

People are saying "throw more punches" I say "throw what punches??" All he has is a hook. He has one of the worst offensive arsenals in boxing. His jab has no timing and falls short, his combos are repetitive, telegraphed and hit gloves.

He needed a new trainer a long time ago. He has no identity as a fighter and does nothing well. The little success he's had is from his natural speed, power and size against smaller opponents.
            Could not have said it better.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
              That seems like a terrible fit. Broner is not Mayweather, and trying to be "cute" didn't work for him at all. I'd say Broner would be better with an offensive minded trainer like Freddie Roach.

Broner wasn't badly hurt by Garcia's punches, and had he best rounds at the end of the fight when he threw caution to the win. Had he come out from the opening bell moving forward and looking to do damage we might have had a different fight.

Last night reminded me of Guerrero-Berto..... stop pretending you're slick and get to work.
              LMFAO but yea.

I honestly don't know wtf Broner's logic is in any of his fights. He's clearly a skilled guy, but he keeps trying to fight like some other type of skilled fighter that has other attributes than he has then he gets down in the trenches & does well. How bout we forget about who you wanna be & just be who you are & win fights being who you are instead of losing them being someone you aren't. Weird sh^t.

And to be clear idek that Broner for sure wins the fight if he fought like he did in some of the later rounds, but that was his best path for victory & he just said "f#ck my best path to victory" for the first 7 or however many rounds securing a L basically.

Its not like I was able to grasp wtf Broner gots going on in his head previous to last night, but how he thought he was going to win this fight fighting how he did makes zero sense to me & a guy of this level (former P4P discussed guy) shouldn't be coming into the ring such a poor strategy. This would be like a Division I football team that has some talented guys on their squad, but no playbook & in practice they just throw the ball around & do pick up games with the hopes somehow it all comes together during the game. Sure it might & sometimes it will, but when you go up against the best teams you are going to be working at a huge disadvantage.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                What was it someone said the other day on here he's a modern day Zab Judah? Spot on.
                I'd take Zab Judah over Broner anyday. Broner doesn't even have a Cory Spinks level win

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                  He needed a new trainer a long time ago
                  1000% correct there. These guys who get "found" at age 8 are too f#cking loyal or too f#cking comfortable with mid-level trainers that taught them boxing. More guys need to bring on high level trainers that match their own potential at some point.

Mid-level (or even lesser) trainers are perfectly fine for learning the sport & in the amateurs. Once you get to the pro game & for sure when you get into prospect level or above you need to be looking at upgrading. I'm always surprised its not happening almost 100% of the time.

Comment

Guys like Broner, where it is clear they don't throw because they are afraid of gassing early or expending energy they think they need, need a trainer that can get them into shape on another level.

I been saying this for years and no one takes me seriously.

There are a slew of fighters who could benefit from the techniques that Ann Wolfe and Pops Billingsley use.

Time for Ann to get paid big for something other than cameos in Wonder Woman movies

Comment

A new trainer can't fight for him. He never throws enough for what ever reason. Can't counter it's either offense or defense and at this point you can't really teach an old dog new tricks.

Comment

Working...
                      X