Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

P4P resume and skill wise, who is better than floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
    They were greats but the question is, where they the greats at their prime?
    Ken Norton gave Larry Holmes all he could handle and then some when they fought.

Comment

Not TBE, Pacman has a better resume among current fighters and has achieved more p4p.

Skillwise though Mayweather is the best of his era, but the e in tbe stands for 'ever'... So i certainly can't call him tbe.....especially when one of his smaller rivals took on greater challenges.

Also really Mayweather fighting McGregor to pay his taxes when he could have fought a worthy champion is an insult to boxing.

Comment

Floyd is the most skilled fighter of all time, best ring IQ of all time.

Comment

Watch this video and tell me floyd isnt TBE.

Comment

i have him a lot higher than most but hes lacking a prime, blockbuster win. has a lot of very good wins but not really a signature one. I did think pacquiao but then when i think about it he was pretty far gone from his prime.

oh and also the way he has seen out his career moves him down a few places too, fighting berto and someone who isnt even a boxer to get to 50-0 takes the gloss off of his career.
            Last edited by Prince Madison; 07-18-2017, 12:31 PM.

Comment

He's in the conversation for sure.

Comment

Nah, he's not TBE.

As many have said, he really doesn't have wins over the best during their prime eras

I won't mention old-school fighters, like Robinson, Joe Louis, Henry Armstrong, Willie Pep, but I do rate guys like Roy Jones, Duran, and Leonard higher than Floyd. He's a top 15/probably top 10 fighter in my eyes, but other than that I don't think he's ever had a fight I wouldn't have had him as the favorite. Not because he is that damn good (well he is), but because his opponents were on the decline and reasonable size. I don't blame him for it, but it would have been really telling to see him in a fight against someone like Leonard or Hearns.

Comment

Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
                  Nah, he's not TBE.

As many have said, he really doesn't have wins over the best during their prime eras

I won't mention old-school fighters, like Robinson, Joe Louis, Henry Armstrong, Willie Pep, but I do rate guys like Roy Jones, Duran, and Leonard higher than Floyd. He's a top 15/probably top 10 fighter in my eyes, but other than that I don't think he's ever had a fight I wouldn't have had him as the favorite. Not because he is that damn good (well he is), but because his opponents were on the decline and reasonable size. I don't blame him for it, but it would have been really telling to see him in a fight against someone like Leonard or Hearns.
                  That was my view on it earlier. But if you look at what floyd did compared to guys like SRL, in my opinion surpassses them. Because he started out at the low divisions destroying guys like gatti, coralles. Then moved up in weight after being so dominant, and continued to be dominant for an even longer stretch. His sustained success is greater than any of those guys, and its not like he was fighting bums he was fighting elite fighters who were still very good and alot of them coming off big wins like mosley. Even undefeated guys like hatton. And remained undeafeated throughout all those fights.

Towards the latter half of his career he was fighting guys bigger than him most of the time as well, not to mention i think his ring IQ is the greatest ever. Although sugar ray robinson is probably deserving to still hold that title because of his career and legacy. I honestly have floyd higher than Ali as ridiculous as it may sound, hes just a more skilled fighter, ali just has a better legacy and personailty outside of the ring.

Comment

Probabley the most overrated fighter of all time at this point. Never dominated top fighter he didnt have a huge advantage over (fatquez, drained coralles etc). Exposed pretty badly against decent pressure fighters. Don't even think his defense is that good, he just keeps a fight from happening with running and clinches.

James toney has a better shoulder roll, didnt have to employ a hit and grab style to stop action, would just stay slick in the pocket.

Not to seem like im hating on him for using his feet, the point is his defense is staying away from the action.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                      Probabley the most overrated fighter of all time at this point. Never dominated top fighter he didnt have a huge advantage over (fatquez, drained coralles etc). Exposed pretty badly against decent pressure fighters. Don't even think his defense is that good, he just keeps a fight from happening with running and clinches.

James toney has a better shoulder roll, didnt have to employ a hit and grab style to stop action, would just stay slick in the pocket.

Not to seem like im hating on him for using his feet, the point is his defense is staying away from the action.
                      he literally stands in the pocket most of the time and and slips and counters from there.

Comment

Working...
                      X