No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Owes Taxes, Asks IRS to Wait For McGregor Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
    A lot of those really wealthy people (like the ones noted) don't get income in the way we traditionally think about it. They have LLC's set up that invests and pay corporate taxes. See Cascade Investments for example; Gates company. That vehicle might pay them an annual dividend but the taxes get murky. A guy like Floyd seems to get a fair amount of personal income based on the article. Most of his cash is likely tied up in some trust somewhere, that pays him an annual dividend.

One thing you have to think about is the reporting source. Law360 reported on it because it Floyd lol They wouldn't report on those other guys because it kind of like a non-story.
    Fair play.

As to the bold wouldn't SOMEONE think Zuckerburg (or other name guys) in tax court be a story? I mean we live in an era where talking about who's dating who or a tweet can become a legit mainstream news story. Surely a "Is Zuckerburg broke?" headline would be appealing to grab enough clicks to be appealing to someone with a website.

Comment

• Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      Floyd Mayweather Jr. owes federal taxes for 2015, but while he says he has more than enough money to pay them, he doesn't quite have enough cash. Yet. Mayweather has filed a petition with the United States Tax Court saying much of his money is tied up and cannot be easily converted into cash, and asking for a short-term installment agreement allowing him more time to get the cash, according to Bryan Koenig of Law360. (Paul Gift of BloodyElbow.com also tweeted about the filing.)
      [Click Here To Read More]
      So Dana White wasn't lying when he said Floyd owed taxes a while back

Comment

• I have a question for all you who are saying that Floyd has the money to pay the tax bill but just simply refuses to pay it. Well how would he know that he owes anything to the IRS, if his accountant or the people he surrounds himself with, that he both loves and trusts don't tell him?

Comment

• Originally posted by p4ptbe View Post
          donald ***** does this every year buddy! ***** is under audit right now and he admitted he is under audit every year almost! Billionaires use these games to lower their tax bills! Now floyd and his lawyers will negotiate with the irs for a lump sum of money and he might save a few million on the total tax bill! This is called business!
          Well it ain't my business cos I ain't a US citizen (although they do it everywhere else too), but you almost sound that you're OK with the super rich dodging $ millions in taxes. Doesn't that **** ultimately come out of your pockets? Or you just resigned to that **** (which is fair enough I guess cos what can you actually do about it)?

Comment

• Now we know why he decided to fight McGregor after all.

He will end up broke. Easily.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              Fair play.

As to the bold wouldn't SOMEONE think Zuckerburg (or other name guys) in tax court be a story? I mean we live in an era where talking about who's dating who or a tweet can become a legit mainstream news story. Surely a "Is Zuckerburg broke?" headline would be appealing to grab enough clicks to be appealing to someone with a website.
              Law360 is a publication read by lawyers. Barely anyone reads it lol But corporate guys get giddy of athletes for some reason.
              Last edited by Butch.McRae; 07-08-2017, 01:21 PM.

Comment

• He just wants to go to jail to become a PG again. He enjoyed it the first time😄

Comment

• Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                  Well it ain't my business cos I ain't a US citizen (although they do it everywhere else too), but you almost sound that you're OK with the super rich dodging $ millions in taxes. Doesn't that **** ultimately come out of your pockets? Or you just resigned to that **** (which is fair enough I guess cos what can you actually do about it)?
                  These aren't necessarily balances. A lot of times the IRS sends out notice of what they think you owe them. There's an appeals process with discovery. Then the balance is determined. Notice in the article where it says he settled for 5 million. The original balance in that case was overstated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                    Law360 is a publication read by lawyers. Barely anyone reads it lol
                    Yea but if you threw any name in there its a non-lawyer story for the more mainstream media is what I'm saying. I mean look at this story.

By no means do I think Floyd is the threshold for making this mainstream news. I'd assume everyone above him & lotsa of people below him in popularity to be capable of making a mainstream news story so if Brad Pitt is "broke" or if Buffet is "broke" thats clicks on a website that has value.

That to me is saying this isn't happening to those guys, for some reason, or I'm missing a bunch of other famous people are "broke" stories based on what you are saying about this being standard more or less.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                      Why can't he just pay his taxes like normal people do? Once you get your cheque get the accountants to write your self employed cheque out to the taxman... job done! Why the need for all this? To be doing the same shit that you need 10 years ago is not only ignorant but plain dumb.
                      because he's not a normal person.

mo money mo problems

Comment

Working...
                      X