No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather Owes Taxes, Asks IRS to Wait For McGregor Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
    Now we know why he decided to fight McGregor after all.

He will end up broke. Easily.
    When he blows the bread from that the FARCE brings in,"peeleft:

who's next?
    Last edited by jbpanama; 07-08-2017, 01:49 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      How high &/or aggressive would the interest & penalties for that speculative $50M-$70M amount be?
      The IRS is absolutely not aggressive about penalties. They'll waive the bulk of the interest if you agree to a payment plan that gets it paid off in a short period of time depending on the debt. They'll throw out some crazy number like 5% or something but they will absolutely negotiate as long as you're showing good faith.

Put it like this: Assume it's $50million. If Floyd agreed to a payment of at least $1million/month, the IRS would likely rock bottom the interest rate. If he agreed to a payment of at least $2million/month they would probably settle for $24million and forgive the remainder. That's did it for Willie Nelson (after he got smart), they did it for Snoop, they did it for Tyson.

If Floyd doesn't at least show good faith the penalty can easily double whatever the liability was - or $100million all told. It's not worth it and I think he's making a stupid mistake. He should set up a payment arrangement with them, drop them $10million now, $2million in August, fight Conor, then bulk pay the rest. IRS would likely waive a good chunk of it.

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
      “The agency said that Mayweather had various options available … including by selling property, withdrawing cash from other accounts or taking out a loan,” the Law360 report said.

??? Selling his property would most likely take MORE then the 60 days he's asking for. And if they know you need the $$$ right away they gonna LOWBALL the SHT out of you... Take out a loan??? And he'll have to pay interest on that according to the latest “Applicable Federal Rate”.

Law360 sounds like a bunch of Ex H&R walmart tax booth agents.

I would do EXACTLY what Floyd is gonna do. Tell them wait your 60 days and he should get it.
      You're 100% right except that last sentence. What he SHOULDN'T do is tell IRS to wait. He should pay something, even if it's a fraction of the total, to show good faith. Then bulk pay after the McGregor fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by JK1700
        I highly doubt this is true, but even if it is it really means nothing. The man is worth $400 million, so it's obvious that he isn't struggling. People like to think he's going to go broke, so stories like this are always going to get attention. The same things were being reported in 2009.
        Its clearly true. It says as much in the court documents he doesn't have liquid assets to cover his taxes. He's got 400M (or whatever impressive amount), but its not sitting around the house in a random closet. He's got it tied up in stuff & either he needed to schedule a fight or sell something.

And this stuff keeps being reported cuz Floyd keeps not paying the tax man on time.

It would seem this is likely a problem due to the fact of the Manny fight generating so much income for him that the taxes were nuts & with him having the back end situation with money he might have not actually held the cash amount to pay this high an amount of taxes at any point with waiting on money + investing cash he was holding. I mean the last thing you wanna do with 400k or whatever is just have 400k in paper.

So I'd be worried how he handles this incoming huge income in August in 2019 if he hasn't paid the huge amount of taxes he'll owe for this upcoming fight like he didn't pay for the taxes from Floyd vs Manny 2 years ago.

Comment

• If there was any doubt to whether Floyd will lose before his career really ends, this should end any speculation. Now, also, if you doubt that is why he is fighting Connor, it should clear that up as well. It's big money for low risk.

Just like a lot of other fighters in his situation, he will be forced to fight for too long and WILL TAKE AN 'L' before he hangs them up for real.

How a fighter can squander 500 million is really beyond me.

Comment

• Wow, he will end up fighting until he Is 45 years old. Floyd and Manny can't seem to pay their taxes.

Comment

• I'm an accountant who doesn't specialize in taxes, but have a good understanding of them. Trust me that it's not hard to see how athletes can get in tax issues. The law is very complicated, but you'd think he'd have a team of CPAs that would handle this and advise him.

Comment

• Geez how dumb can some people get? Just pay your **** like everybody else and avoid these type problems.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post

How a fighter can squander 500 million is really beyond me.
                  He's showed you and the rest of the world how to squander more than 500 mil

Comment

• Damn it, Floyd.

I thought you were going to be the one the fighter who wasn't going to end up broke.

What the hell are you doing with all that money? Use some of it to hire top flight professional money managers and accountants.

And if they advise you to stop ******** then you should probably listen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
                      He's showed you and the rest of the world how to squander more than 500 mil
                      Okay, how is that? Bad investments and ********?

Comment

Working...
                      X