Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Errol Spence: Canelo is The Better Fighter, He Beats Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lots and lots of people in the biz picking Canelo. I hope it's a strong extra motivator for Golovkin.

Comment

• Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
      Ah. Yeah I was wondering where you were going with that.

Undoubtedly he's a very good boxer, man. All you have to do is convince the majority of the boxing world that Floyd is the greatest fighter to ever live and I'll withdraw my criticism of your post. Good luck with that.
      How do you judge "best fighter ever?" Its about as subjective as a subjective argument can be. Boxing is a sport that pretty much depends on head-2-head competition to show who's best. Obviously, you don't have head-2-head when comparing fighters from different eras. And even when you do, often times when ATG fighters fight, both aren't in their physical primes. Then, how do you compare a lightweight to a light heavyweight? I mean, there's a lot of mediocre light heavyweights that would beat every ATG you put in front of them in a head-2-head fight. Boxing isn't track. Usain Bolt is the greatest sprinter ever. We know this because he has run 100M and 200M faster than every human being that has ever been timed running those distances. Very few, if any other sport has such a definitive "best ever."

Comment

• Originally posted by G G G View Post
        Says the guy who got KOd in sparring by Malignaggi. Lol GTFO.
        When did Spence get KO'd by Malginaggi in sparring? Did he happen to be 7 yrs old at the time

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Beamish View Post
          Lots and lots of people in the biz picking Canelo. I hope it's a strong extra motivator for Golovkin.
          Loooots of people picking Canelo

Comment

• Originally posted by MonkeyGoatz View Post
            Watched the ggg jacobs fight again tonight, actually pretty good fight. Don't see ggg losing against a shorter guy, but if there is one, canelo might be him... doubt it
            Go watch the Cotto/Canelo fight again and HOLY sht!!! Smaller version of that same fight!! But STILL the same fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
              Loooots of people picking Canelo
              LOTS of SMART PPL taking the UNDERDOG Canelo!!!! This is Ward/ Kovalov all over again. KO artist against a fast smaller guy

Comment

• Dumb ***S talk sht about Canelo's stamina??? He has more 12 round fights then GGG by FAR!!! What does GGG average 4-6 rounds??? and has ONE 12 round fight EVER under his belt??? LMFAO!!!!

35 Year Old GGG 172 rounds

26 Year old Canelo 353 rounds

Comment

• The truth has spoken

Comment

• Originally posted by hitking View Post
                    How do you judge "best fighter ever?" Its about as subjective as a subjective argument can be. Boxing is a sport that pretty much depends on head-2-head competition to show who's best. Obviously, you don't have head-2-head when comparing fighters from different eras. And even when you do, often times when ATG fighters fight, both aren't in their physical primes. Then, how do you compare a lightweight to a light heavyweight? I mean, there's a lot of mediocre light heavyweights that would beat every ATG you put in front of them in a head-2-head fight. Boxing isn't track. Usain Bolt is the greatest sprinter ever. We know this because he has run 100M and 200M faster than every human being that has ever been timed running those distances. Very few, if any other sport has such a definitive "best ever."
                    Nah, you absolutely can't. I mean if J.Razor had just said 'IMO' or something I wouldn't have even bothered but he declared Floyd's TBE status as 'fact' and the 'truth'. In fact I think the original comment that drew my notice was:
                    Originally posted by j.razor View Post
                    Floyd has multiple attributes to his game, matter of FACT he has more than anyone in history, how do you think he became T.B.E.?
                    which simply doesn't stand scrutiny.

The exact arguments you use are why I don't even bother with P4P let alone compare fighters from different eras - I really don't understand the excitement and high emotions provoked by such obviously subjective discussions. When it comes down to ATGs I'll say what I always say: leave that **** to the pundits and historians of the future.

Comment

• Some how people ac t like GGG is not gassing and his punching 3mins of every round not stop

Comment

Working...
                      X