Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny did not want to fight Horn, said it was his last fight with Top Rank

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pacquiao lost, I know its hard for some people to swallow but he did. Mannys his own man, if he wants to fight Horn again sign the extension with Bob, if he dont there are other options. Like some have mentioned, he could fight Khan, or even the Broner vs. Garcia winner. Its not like Pac was an un-defeated fighter. Hell Pac could even fight the Cotto vs Kamagei winner.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
      He looked...resigned.
      Perfect word for how he looked, dazed. He did look totally and utterly resigned.

Comment

bob been using pac man and exploiting his kindness. pac man allowed it, he shoulda signed with Floyd lol

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          I've avoided Pac/Horn threads in the past few days because I don't feel like arguing about this bullshyt but I like thsi one. While I feel that the outcome was the result of incompetent judging, if I were to put on my Alex Jones hat, I'd run with this idea. Arum is very much about keeping the gears turning.

Comment

He nearly signed with GBP way back in the day, didn't he? Didn't Arum take Oscar to court for it or something? This was back before the DLH fight. I remember Lampley talking about it as Pacquiao and Oscar were making their ring walks.

I wonder how his career woulda turned out if he went with GBP instead of Bob

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
              I think the Pacman is angry. He was treated by Bobfather like he's a nobody.
              Bobfather gave him ultimatum when Pac wanted to take his time and decide his own schedule convenient to his govt position.
              The senator have a hard time saying no to "Bobfather" doe. It's incredible! A senator can't say no.

Bobfather gives him a deadline and the senator panics. Unbelievable!

Comment

Dumb premise.

First of all if this was the last fight on the Top Rank Contract, then it would have suited Arum better if Manny won. Most contracts have automatic triggers for extensions if you win a championship fight. Since Manny lost, that could theoretically give him the freedom to actually leave Top Rank (if that was really the last fight on his current contract).

Also, lets be honest. TR has probably lost a lot of money on Manny in 2 out of his last 3 fights, especially the Bradley fight. I don't think Arum really has much incentive to trap Manny.

Lastly, and most importantly, Manny has made hundreds of millions of dollars with Top Rank. If he has financial problems its because of his own decisions like throwing his personal money around to try to fix poverty in his country, using his personal money to fund campaigns for himself and his relatives instead of fundraising, etc. Those causes may be more respectable that buying multiple Bentleys and spending 6 figures on a weeknight in the strip club, but they are still irresponsible financial decisions.

Comment

Manny got taken advantage of because he's ignorant and stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by PK3434 View Post
                    Dumb premise.

First of all if this was the last fight on the Top Rank Contract, then it would have suited Arum better if Manny won. Most contracts have automatic triggers for extensions if you win a championship fight. Since Manny lost, that could theoretically give him the freedom to actually leave Top Rank (if that was really the last fight on his current contract).

Also, lets be honest. TR has probably lost a lot of money on Manny in 2 out of his last 3 fights, especially the Bradley fight. I don't think Arum really has much incentive to trap Manny.

Lastly, and most importantly, Manny has made hundreds of millions of dollars with Top Rank. If he has financial problems its because of his own decisions like throwing his personal money around to try to fix poverty in his country, using his personal money to fund campaigns for himself and his relatives instead of fundraising, etc. Those causes may be more respectable that buying multiple Bentleys and spending 6 figures on a weeknight in the strip club, but they are still irresponsible financial decisions.
                    Can't call a premise dumb when you offer just another premise.

One, what if Arum doesn't want to re-sign him?!

Two, your second reason supports my one.

Three, you have no idea how much Pacquiao made with TR. Based on what they submitted on paper, it's a fraction of what was told to the public.

Comment

Sounds about right. No way did Horn win more than 4 rounds of that fight

Comment

Working...
                      X