Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny did not want to fight Horn, said it was his last fight with Top Rank

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob is a punk but so am I. I am possibly even shadier than Bob so I cannot even give an opinion on this.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
      The funny thing is, PAC getting screwed is gonna make him tons of money. Makes me wonder if the little bastard is not in on all this stuff.

Now he fights horn in a rematch and probably beats him easily like Bradley 2. Then whatta ya know there is a 3rd fight in the states and he gets paid again big money. His other option is get his azz kicked by TC to the Point where nobody would care to even see him fight again.
      Pac was trying to knock Horn out though. Manny just about every time loses the first round of fights nowadays, but after that, he started timing Horn and every now and again really loading up, that 9th round tells no lies. You don't press like that looking for a controversial decision.

On another note, all this religion stuff should be put to rest, Pac was going for the kill.

Comment

The funny thing is, PAC getting screwed is gonna make him tons of money. Makes me wonder if the little bastard is not in on all this stuff.
        I don't think so. Certainly not in this case anyway. I know everyone seems to be under the impression that he "took the decision really well", and he did somewhat on the surface, but his body language was really, really low after the fight. He looked like he was going through the motions and just wanted to go crawl under a rock. And then he straight up says after the fight that "he felt set up". You don't say something like that if you're in on it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
          I don't think so. Certainly not in this case anyway. I know everyone seems to be under the impression that he "took the decision really well", and he did somewhat on the surface, but his body language was really, really low after the fight. He looked like he was going through the motions and just wanted to go crawl under a rock. And then he straight up says after the fight that "he felt set up". You don't say something like that if you're in on it.
          Another good point, his body language was awful, like demoralized. I gotta wonder how much affect that will have; he looked like he was wondering why he even bothers with boxing???

Comment

A rematch with Horn means re-signing with Arum. I believe Pacquiao is dumb enough to do that.

Comment

I give no sympathy to a guy making $10 million in 48 minutes, trust me.
              Okay lets not over exaggerate. It not just 48 minutes guys do train promote and have to pay their people as well. But I have no sympathy either, 10 mil over the course of 3 months is a good payday.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                A rematch with Horn means re-signing with Arum. I believe Pacquiao is dumb enough to do that.
                Sadly he will...

Comment

Originally posted by SCEN3RY View Post
                  Another good point, his body language was awful, like demoralized. I gotta wonder how much affect that will have; he looked like he was wondering why he even bothers with boxing???
                  I think it was a combination of things. One being the realization that he's just not what he used to be. At all. And that it's not going to magically return. And two that he had to dig deep just to beat Jeff Horn, a guy he was supposed to mop the floor with and "stop at the time of his choosing". And he did dig deep enough to win, too. He landed the cleaner, more effective shots by a CLEAR ass margin. It was one of those life and death, close but clear wins. He won that fight. And then to not get the decision...that was a very, very low moment in his career.

Taking L's to Juan Manuel Marquez and Floyd Mayweather Jr. is one thing, taking an L, controversial or not, to Jeff Horn, is quite another. Watching Horn and his team celebrate, along with 50,000 Australians...man that had to have been one bitter ass pill.

Comment

I think the Pacman is angry. He was treated by Bobfather like he's a nobody.
                    Bobfather gave him ultimatum when Pac wanted to take his time and decide his own schedule convenient to his govt position.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                      I think it was a combination of things. One being the realization that he's just not what he used to be. At all. And that it's not going to magically return. And two that he had to dig deep just to beat Jeff Horn, a guy he was supposed to mop the floor with and "stop at the time of his choosing". And he did dig deep enough to win, too. He landed the cleaner, more effective shots by a CLEAR ass margin. It was one of those life and death, close but clear wins. He won that fight. And then to not get the decision...that was a very, very low moment in his career.

Taking L's to Juan Manuel Marquez and Floyd Mayweather Jr. is one thing, taking an L, controversial or not, to Jeff Horn, is quite another. Watching Horn and his team celebrate, along with 50,000 Australians...man that had to have been one bitter ass pill.
                      The realization he got ****ed. Probably that his promoter was in on it all along. And that he keeps doing this to himself. He looked...resigned.

Comment

Working...
                      X