Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd at 38 dominated Manny and Berto and was p4p#1 wbc,wba,wbo,ring,lineal champ

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
    At least your SIG below was right on the money .... Manny lost another controversial decision where Manny should have won.
    Actually I was referring to Manny and the world once again hearing Michael Buffer yell, "And NEW! WBO Welterweight Champion..."

If it helps you can always just admire BoxRec rating Jeff "The Hornet" Horn as #1 welter in the world. Breathe it in man

Comment

• Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
      Floyd did not "dominate" Manny.
      He didn't? Manny won maybe 2 rounds? Even Roach said Manny didn't even win a round lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
        Does that prove that the fight would have made more money there? Mayweather also picked up an injury in the first fight and that date would have been less than 4 months from the first fight, which would have been a problem.
        This was not the cash-cow Floyd that we are talking about. Floyd back then said it himself that he was struggling to get the exposure to become a mega star.

Here is a quote stating that it would have a much bigger impact if it were held in the Staples Center in LA.

"I wish the fight had been in Los Angeles," promoter Bob Arum said. "I think it would have had a much bigger impact there. But I can also see Floyd saying the audience there would be completely for Castillo, although I really don't think it would have been."

Mayweather balked at fighting Castillo in L.A. but is happy to face him again in Las Vegas."

Floyd had just got a gift in Vegas. He wanted it tilted in his favor again, no matter how the fight went.

4 months? Nowhere in these articles said his injury was the reason for the change from August 10th date. It was because Floyd didn't want to fight in LA's Staple Center!
        Actually 3.5 months gap but you should be asking Floyd how injured he really was since it was initially targeted for August 10 while fight one was April 20 .....

Comment

This was not the cash-cow Floyd that we are talking about. Floyd back then said it himself that he was struggling to get the exposure to become a mega star.

Here is a quote stating that it would have a much bigger impact if it were held in the Staples Center in LA.

"I wish the fight had been in Los Angeles," promoter Bob Arum said. "I think it would have had a much bigger impact there. But I can also see Floyd saying the audience there would be completely for Castillo, although I really don't think it would have been."

Mayweather balked at fighting Castillo in L.A. but is happy to face him again in Las Vegas."

Floyd had just got a gift in Vegas. He wanted it tilted in his favor again, no matter how the fight went.

4 months? Nowhere in these articles said his injury was the reason for the change from August 10th date. It was because Floyd didn't want to fight in LA's Staple Center!
          Actually 3.5 months gap but you should be asking Floyd how injured he really was since it was initially targeted for August 10 while fight one was April 20 .....
          Again that doesn't show it would have made more money outside Vegas.

Comment

• Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
            Manny at 38 lost to a school teacher
            OK. Roy Jones JR was shot after 35 but Hopkins was good through his 40s.

Hopkins > RJJ?

Comment

• Originally posted by revelated View Post
              Actually I was referring to Manny and the world once again hearing Michael Buffer yell, "And NEW! WBO Welterweight Champion..."

If it helps you can always just admire BoxRec rating Jeff "The Hornet" Horn as #1 welter in the world. Breathe it in man
              Horn seems like a nice kid .... so wish him luck

but

Breathe it in? Smells bad man!

Comment

• Originally posted by stuff jones View Post
                OK. Roy Jones JR was shot after 35 but Hopkins was good through his 40s.

Hopkins > RJJ?
                A lot of people have Hopkins ahead of Jones.

Comment

Again that doesn't show it would have made more money outside Vegas.
                  Floyd was not the Floyd of today. He complained about not getting the exposure to become a star.

Arum said that at the Staples Center in LA would have left an "impact". Floyd wanted the "impact" to become a mega-star but LA was too much risk for Floyd ... anyhoot, your excuses are just that, excuses. The complaint was NOT about the money. It was about Floyd was too scared to fight in LA as he perceived it to be "hostile" territory and money wise, it didn't matter much as it was not a PPV fight.

What it showed was that Floyd didn't want to fight outside of Vegas because he was too scared that the judges in California would go against him ....

Floyd thought LA was "hostile" territory!

Comment

Floyd was not the Floyd of today. He complained about not getting the exposure to become a star.

Arum said that at the Staples Center in LA would have left an "impact". Floyd wanted the "impact" to become a mega-star but LA was too much risk for Floyd ... anyhoot, your excuses are just that, excuses. The complaint was NOT about the money. It was about Floyd was too scared to fight in LA as he perceived it to be "hostile" territory and money wise, it didn't matter much as it was not a PPV fight.

What it showed was that Floyd didn't want to fight outside of Vegas because he was too scared that the judges in California would go against him ....

Floyd thought LA was "hostile" territory!

This all started from my post saying Pacquiao travelled for the $$$. Mayweathers fights wouldn't make more $$$ outside of Vegas.

You still haven't proven that post incorrect.

Pacquiao had financial incentive to fight in other places, Mayweather didn't.

You're trying to change the discussion.
                    Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 07-04-2017, 11:48 PM.

Comment

This all started from my post saying Pacquiao travelled for the $$$. Mayweathers fights wouldn't make more $$$ outside of Vegas.

You still haven't proven that post incorrect.

Pacquiao had financial incentive to fight in other places, Mayweather didn't.

You're trying to change the discussion.
                      At that stage in his career Floyd was still building himself up and he craved to be a mega-star but felt that he wasn't getting the exposure so he can then get the big bucks!

Floyd didn't want to fight in LA because he perceived it to be "hostile" territory .... nothing to do with money!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X