Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd at 38 dominated Manny and Berto and was p4p#1 wbc,wba,wbo,ring,lineal champ

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
    Did Horn land more shots than Floyd=NO

Did he land more jabs than Floyd=NO

Did he land more powershots than Floyd??=NO

Did he get hit more than Floyd=YES

HOW IN THE UTTER **** DID HE DO BETTER THAN FLOYD AGAIN?

Floyd at 38

Larry now

Comment

let's be honest I'm a floyd fan but Manny didn't and shouldn't have lost to Horn. I agree he's shot for even allowing it to be competitive though

Comment

First of all Horn fought Pac, Mayweather pop shot and ran vs Pac.
        Some of the sequences of this fight looked like Madiana bullying
        Mayweather and making him retreat. Floyd did enough to win or make it close or lose in some eyes and the same thing happened with Horn vs Pac.

Pac is a legit "lil" man coming from 106, Floyd simply grew up and out in the sport. I don't think Floyds best era was at welter just as for Manny but most fans who don't understand "prime time" associate them as stars in the welter division.
        It is extremely rare for a man Pac's size to fight for 20+ years most smaller guys burn out in less time.
        Not sure why using the Berto and Manny bouts as some kind of honor badge or great performance by Floyd all three of them were Horrible!

Manny has 20 more bouts than Floyd has in only a one year longer time span. A lot more punches thrown and excepted for Manny over Floyd. Completely different styles also.

As for Floyd dominating Pac you need to just go with the decision win, as for describing the out come as "dominating" is a stretch. Floyd ran like girl and his old man was begging him to fight more often. It was the most publicized bout in a long time but was the "worst" big fight I've ever seen. They stunk!

Ray

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
          Hmmm, ... After the Castillo fight he did fight in Atlantic City and since Floyd said it himself that he didn't want to fight in what he perceived to be hostile territory.

Nobody is saying that Floyd is not a good fighter. He was given the nod in close controversial fights in his home town of Vegas ... but if he fought elsewhere, he more than likely would have had a few of those go to the opponent.

While I do not want to see bad scoring no matter who it is, .... Heck, you don't even have to be in a close fight to lose a fight in "hostile" territory.

Castillo vs Floyd 1 was in April.
          oh and your point about Floyd having torn rotator cuff and surgery: Floyd was ready to sign a contract about a month or 2 after the Castillo fight and it was initially targeted for August!

"Mayweather and Castillo will settle their differences with a second fight, scheduled Oct. 5 at Mandalay Bay Events Center. Both fighters and their handlers attended a Wednesday press conference to promote a fight that was initially targeted for Los Angeles (and an Aug. 10 date)."

Cut it out. There is a difference betwween scheduling a fight and being caught shooting hoops a few weeks after a full 1 1/2 cuff tear.

With no rehabilitation just salt water I might add.

Welcome back though. Come to defend your hero I see. Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
            Mayweather and making him retreat. Floyd did enough to win or make it close or lose in some eyes and the same thing happened with Horn vs Pac.

Pac is a legit "lil" man coming from 106, Floyd simply grew up and out in the sport. I don't think Floyds best era was at welter just as for Manny but most fans who don't understand "prime time" associate them as stars in the welter division.
            It is extremely rare for a man Pac's size to fight for 20+ years most smaller guys burn out in less time.
            Not sure why using the Berto and Manny bouts as some kind of honor badge or great performance by Floyd all three of them were Horrible!

Manny has 20 more bouts than Floyd has in only a one year longer time span. A lot more punches thrown and excepted for Manny over Floyd. Completely different styles also.

As for Floyd dominating Pac you need to just go with the decision win, as for describing the out come as "dominating" is a stretch. Floyd ran like girl and his old man was begging him to fight more often. It was the most publicized bout in a long time but was the "worst" big fight I've ever seen. They stunk!

Ray
            Keeping it real, as always

Comment

Pacquiao got old faster than Floyd that's all. With Floyd's style he's hardly taken any punishment most of his career Pacquiao on the other hand has been through hell and back several times as small as he is and the **** he has put himself through I'm quite surprised he even stayed competitive this long.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
                How can you cherry pick

the p4p #2 fighter in the world...who is also a world champion in your division..and the #2 ranked fighter in your division and also is 2 years younger than you??
                p4p is subjective

paper titles does not make you world champion floyd was the real world champion

#2 ranked by who?

2 years younger? what are fighting styles and how do they age a person differently.

its funny you made a troll thread and a troll response. shows what you know about boxing.

i bet youre just a black dude on floyds nuts

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post

Ray
                  No Horn got his face torn up and almost stopped...Floyd toyed with Manny and made it look easy

Comment

I don't think it's a fair comparison. Guys like Manny once they lose a half a step go from almost unbeatable to a B level fighter. The Manny that beat Margarito and Cotto was a special fighter. That fighter is gone but there's no shame in that he's just older.

Comment

• Originally posted by Buckfever View Post
                      The Manny that beat Margarito and Cotto was a special fighter. That drugs are gone but there's no shame in that.
                      Agreed 100%.

Comment

Working...
                      X