Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd at 38 dominated Manny and Berto and was p4p#1 wbc,wba,wbo,ring,lineal champ

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Floyd is overrated crybaby

Comment

• Originally posted by DannYankee View Post
      Pacquiao got old faster than Floyd that's all. With Floyd's style he's hardly taken any punishment most of his career Pacquiao on the other hand has been through hell and back several times as small as he is and the **** he has put himself through I'm quite surprised he even stayed competitive this long.
      These guys ignore the fact that most fighters like Pack usually get old between 28-30, not late 30's.

Comment

• lol this thread is still going after how badly I owned larry lmfao.

Comment

• "No Horn got his face torn up and almost stopped...Floyd toyed with Manny and made it look easy".................................

No Floyd ran away the entire bout, he caught Manny 5 years past the time when they were at peak!
          If you think that fight was worth the admission fee your easily had by the boxing con artists!
          Floyd senior was begging him to fight, he wouldn't!

If you don't know that Floyd was the "Vegas cash cow" for years and promoted and matched made his fights personally and don't see the irony your just another fanatic fanboy.

Great boxers come to a point in all their bouts when it's time to fight. Mayweather as a welter could only do that with much smaller opponents along with far past their prime fighters.
          Mosley, Oscar, Margaritto were avoided for years. Same with Manny who gave away all the size but Floyd waited for safer times.

I don't care who wins the fights, I just want to see great talents whether it's boxing IQ or pressure tactics from a fighter who can over come a lack of skills with desire and heart!
          I don't want to waste an hour watching some
          "defensive minded" "highly skilled" runner run from confrontation. The sport is called boxing but a fight needs to develop and some one needs to dominate with their position, not running away. People here confuse running away with boxing movement. Counter punch(with one)/counter move over and over again is boring! If the opponent can't cut the ring and make his opponent fight then we're stuck in boredom for an hour.
          Larry if you think thats entertaining then your an easy person to satisfy I want more when I watch a fight. Especially top flight fighters who don't bring BS to the ring.
          Floyd was a hell of a fighter before his welterweight days but as a welterweight he wasn't worth a dime to watch!

nite now

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
            "No Horn got his face torn up and almost stopped...Floyd toyed with Manny and made it look easy".................................

No Floyd ran away the entire bout, he caught Manny 5 years past the time when they were at peak!
            If you think that fight was worth the admission fee your easily had by the boxing con artists!
            Floyd senior was begging him to fight, he wouldn't!

If you don't know that Floyd was the "Vegas cash cow" for years and promoted and matched made his fights personally and don't see the irony your just another fanatic fanboy.

Great boxers come to a point in all their bouts when it's time to fight. Mayweather as a welter could only do that with much smaller opponents along with far past their prime fighters.
            Mosley, Oscar, Margaritto were avoided for years. Same with Manny who gave away all the size but Floyd waited for safer times.

I don't care who wins the fights, I just want to see great talents whether it's boxing IQ or pressure tactics from a fighter who can over come a lack of skills with desire and heart!
            I don't want to waste an hour watching some
            "defensive minded" "highly skilled" runner run from confrontation. The sport is called boxing but a fight needs to develop and some one needs to dominate with their position, not running away. People here confuse running away with boxing movement. Counter punch(with one)/counter move over and over again is boring! If the opponent can't cut the ring and make his opponent fight then we're stuck in boredom for an hour.
            Larry if you think thats entertaining then your an easy person to satisfy I want more when I watch a fight. Especially top flight fighters who don't bring BS to the ring.
            Floyd was a hell of a fighter before his welterweight days but as a welterweight he wasn't worth a dime to watch!

nite now
            Very well said.

Comment

• Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
              Manny at 38 lost to a school teacher
              What exactly are you trying to say with this thread? Manny isn't good? He's shopworn? Mayweather was better at 38?

I mean seriously what the **** is the point of the thread?

Also how can you write about how bad it was that someone lost to a school teacher and yet in the title praise a different fighter for beating him? So what Mayweather did was no better than what a school teacher did. Gotcha.

Comment

• Floyd's win over Berto just proves how useless it is to claim a guy has a great resume cause he's beaten so many "world champs".
                Credit to Berto, he was WBC welterweight champ but the man lost to Ortiz, got dominated by Guerreo and got stopped by Soto Karass.
                So, it's a fact that FM beat a world champ but it's also a fact that Berto was a B fighter when Mayweather fought him.

Comment

• Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
                  Sorry but the below proves that Floyd wouldn't have and more importantly didn't. Floyd was too scared to even fight in LA

"Mayweather, he had a chance to have a rematch
                  at Staples Center with Castillo on August 10th but balked at it.

The fighter rejected the idea for an Aug. 10 date at Staples, however, with Arum contending Mayweather didn’t trust the judges and didn’t want to fight in front of a strongly Latino crowd supporting Castillo."

“I asked Floyd if he trusted the judges in L.A. and he said, 'No.’ I asked him if he trusted the judges in San Francisco and he said, 'Yeah.' He doesn't even know L.A. and San Francisco are in the same state.”

http://www.latimes.com/sports/sports...320-story.html

Does that prove that the fight would have made more money there? Mayweather also picked up an injury in the first fight and that date would have been less than 4 months from the first fight, which would have been a problem.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dosumpthin View Post
                    Cut it out. There is a difference betwween scheduling a fight and being caught shooting hoops a few weeks after a full 1 1/2 cuff tear.

With no rehabilitation just salt water I might add.

Welcome back though. Come to defend your hero I see. Lol.
                    Castillo vs Floyd: April 20
                    Castillo vs Floyd: Fight that was initially targeted for Los Angeles (and an Aug. 10 date)

So that makes it 3.5 months gap. Supposed surgery didn't occur on April 20 .... so add additional time there.

If the fight were to occur on August 10 that would mean that Floyd would have to start training in June.

So if you guys complained about someone who took a year off before his next fight then what do you have to say about Floyd's injury?

"I tore my rotator cuff. My arm was killing me. It was hurting so bad, it was one of the most painful feelings that I ever had." - Floyd Mayweather

BTW - Manny is a lefty while he injured his right shoulder.

The gif below is Floyd explaining his injury but as you can see, he is indicating that it was his right shoulder while the below has Floyd saying its his left shoulder.

"Floyd: "It was tough, my last (days of) training I hurt my rotator cuff. I wasn't able to use my jab and left wasn't as strong but I don't want to have any excuses like other champions. When they get hurt, they don't even come to show up to the fight. I get hurt, I come to fight to give the fans .....""

Comment

• Originally posted by revelated View Post
                      Agreed 100%.
                      At least your SIG below was right on the money .... Manny lost another controversial decision where Manny should have won.

Originally Posted by 7/1/2017 revelated View Post

I wouldn't put money on it, but I would not be shocked to see a repeat of Pacquiao/Bradley I.

Comment

Working...
                      X