Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the better fighter Carl Froch or Sergey Kovalev?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
    Add to the fact that 2011 Ward at 168 > 2016/7 Ward at 175
    Yep. And that. I think most people consider Dre has lost a step or two in the intervening years.

Most interesting to me is what this scenario says about how important the mental and psychological aspects of the game are.... will, determination and resilience will always be every bit as important as skills or power - more so in many ways.

Comment

Froch could never be stopped the way Kovalev was. His body was made of fortified titanium.

Comment

Originally posted by StudentOfDaGame View Post
        Froch could never be stopped the way Kovalev was. His body was made of fortified titanium.
        Balls of steel too, huh? But yeah, the Cobra had no quit in him.

Comment

Neither of them is the second coming of Bob Foster, but Froch was a better all around fighter. Not by a huge margin, because neither of them were/are great boxers. They are entertaining, have good power, but limited.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
            Neither of them is the second coming of Bob Foster, but Froch was a better all around fighter. Not by a huge margin, because neither of them were/are great boxers. They are entertaining, have good power, but limited.
            Froch had a better punch arsenal

Comment

obviously kova

he woulda knocked out the guys froch beat and was more competitive with ward, and h2h i pick kova to win probably by wide decision since froch had a great chin

Comment

Let's put it like this. Froch is tougher than Kovalev and Ward is tougher than them both combined.

Comment

I'd favour Carl over Kov by KO. Kov prob has the better technical skill set then Carl, but I'd see him coming on very strong in the later rnds and stopping him.

Comment

RJJ would kick both their asses and Ward's ass on the same night.

Comment

Froch.....he simply has the better wins and resume.

Comment

Working...
                      X