Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Women's Boxing/Female fight game ever gonna be good/big?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    Holm and Nunes both beat her in back to back fights. She was a flavor of the moment for a short while but now she's done. Even the Road House remake she was going to star in has been pulled.

Heather Hardy is not a good enough fighter to be a star.

For female boxing to become big it will take someone that fights like Mike Tyson but looks like Mia St. John.
    In MMA, losses don't mean the same as in Boxing. There are MMA fighters who have double-digit losses who are nonetheless LEGENDS in the sport. It's a fall from grace, but two losses don't erase the greatness Ronda accomplished. Rangy strikers are Ronda's kryptonite, but she still beats most fighters in her division. Depending on the matchups, Ronda could conceivably become Champ again (Ronda beats Juliana Pena, Cat Zingao, for example, and those two could beat the current champ).

Anyway...
    I'll be looking out for Heather's next fight, whether it's in MMA or Boxing.

Comment

I don't see it happening in the near future. The biggest issue is there is no depth to womans boxing.

The only possible thing that I could see work any time soon is if some boxing promotion did like what Invicta has done in MMA & created a all female promotion that made the better/best fights to make on every card in any division they could make them in. I think thats the only thing that could contend with the lack of depth problem.

But I'd even bet against that working just due to the difference in the boxing vs MMA worlds.

Comment

Shields-Cyborg sparring at RVCA (7+ minutes)...

Claressa Shields after sparring Cyborg:
        - "From today... you'd be great transitioning to Boxing... it would not be hard for you, a year just training in Boxing, six months, you'd be able to take on some of the top girls."

Last edited by USMCer; 06-26-2017, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Amanda Serrano (122lbs) looking to make the jump to MMA.

http://www.boxingscene.com/amanda-se...mp-mma--118777
          "What we are thinking is that if we do not get a fight with Jackie Nava or Mariana Juárez, two Mexican champions, or with Argentina's Marcela Acuña, we will continue practicing Brazilian jujitsu, kick boxing and muay thai. We have to defend the title in six months, so that gives us six months to dedicate six days a week. Surely for 2018 we can debut (in MMA), because neither of us are looking to make mistakes (with that move). We have to take it easy and not do something crazy," said the manager and coach of the champion, Jordan Maldonado.
          Last edited by USMCer; 07-25-2017, 05:50 PM.

Comment

Comment

Nope, Women's MMA is big because they have much sexier outfits and the fights often involve pseudo-sexual grinding and booty shaking

Comment

Nope, Boxing is the Gentlemen's Sport.

Comment

Originally posted by HandsofIron View Post
                  Nope, Boxing is the Gentlemen's Sport.
                  Oxymoron.

Comment

Originally posted by jay543 View Post
                    Nope, Women's MMA is big because they have much sexier outfits and the fights often involve pseudo-sexual grinding and booty shaking

WMMA is big because...

1) it's MMA

2) of killers like Ronda, Cyborg, Joanna

3) there's a platform where you get to see the personalities, their stories, and invest in the fighters

The T&A thing doesn't hurt, but that alone doesn't carry an entire sport (unless its Beach Volleyball or something). You gotta be able to fight for us to care, you gotta be able to talk on top of that, to be a star.

Comment

Originally posted by USMCer View Post
                      WMMA is big because...

1) it's MMA

2) of killers like Ronda, Cyborg, Joanna

3) there's a platform where you get to see the personalities, their stories, and invest in the fighters

The T&A thing doesn't hurt, but that alone doesn't carry an entire sport (unless its Beach Volleyball or something). You gotta be able to fight for us to care, you gotta be able to talk on top of that, to be a star.

All I'm sayin is...

Rousey

Cyborg

Joanna

I'm not into MMA but I'd watch them fight
                      Last edited by jay543; 07-26-2017, 05:54 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X