Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Ward, Tony Bellew in talks for Cruiserweight fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    I'm sure Hearn has contacted Roc Nation or Ward's manager. If not, why would Bellew lie? Or, why would Hearn or Bellew's manager lie to Bellew, assuming Hearn/manager told Bellew he talked with Roc Nation about Ward?
    I wouldn't say Bellew is lying so much as I lack faith that someone talked seriously &/or to the right people so soon after a fight about a Bellew vs Ward fight & Bellew may or may not be fully aware of what is or isn't happening.

I mean Ward is a cat who makes the plays. He don't accept other cats plays. That whole term "reps of" whoever always sounds like someone talked to the guy who picks up Ward to take him to the airport or the guy who is Ward's S&C guy or something like that. If you talked to Roc Nation, Prince or his lawyer it seems like you'd just mention them by name & those seem like the 3 en****** that matter.

But then again lets not forget Bellew is a mfer who forgot he called out Wilder when Wilder approached him too so its not like he isn't a guy who can be a lil confused & sh^t with matters concerning things said.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Barely? He's won all of his fights comfortably yes, his massive sample of 12 fights. But he's lost rounds, let's not exaggerate. And if he's barely lost any rounds, better start believing now, he'll lose at least 7 to Ward once he gets comfortable at CW after the Bellew fight, should that happen.

You say "he's barely lost a round" for someone like wlad in his prime. Which would be true. Usyk has lost rounds.
      lets see ward fight him instead of bellew then...

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
        Look at the sizes of top cruiserweights and their reaches. Ward is too small.

Usyk is supposed to be horrible, but dude is golden olympic medalist and unbeaten as a pro. Ok.

This Ward hype is insane..

Cruiser is not a great division like 175. RJJ would NEVER rock Kovalev, Beterbiev, Bivol, or Stevenson let alone go 10+ rounds with them but he could with a champion/puncher like Lebedev.

5'11 Mchunu with a 72 in" reach was making Usyk look very sloppy and rocking him. These cruisers hit hard but lack the skill to land their punches.
        Small targets are incredibly hard to land against.
        Last edited by Cutthroat; 06-22-2017, 04:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Simurgh View Post
          Ward shouldn't do it.
          If they fight, Bellew will win in some bizarre way!
          That would be a turn up for the books for Ward losing to a conversational decision lol.

I think Ward should go for it though, why not..

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2111 View Post
            He signed up in March, but PULLED OUT and wasn't tested in the weeks leading up to the Kovalev fight.
            Can you source this claim? Because normally VADA's official website indicates when fighters stop testing and it reaches major boxing media.

Canelo and Liam Smith both withdrew from VADA testing a couple weeks out from their contest. VADA put that on their website and there was a boxingscene article about it.
            http://www.boxingscene.com/canelo-sm...oncern--108188

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              I wouldn't say Bellew is lying so much as I lack faith that someone talked seriously &/or to the right people so soon after a fight about a Bellew vs Ward fight & Bellew may or may not be fully aware of what is or isn't happening.

I mean Ward is a cat who makes the plays. He don't accept other cats plays. That whole term "reps of" whoever always sounds like someone talked to the guy who picks up Ward to take him to the airport or the guy who is Ward's S&C guy or something like that. If you talked to Roc Nation, Prince or his lawyer it seems like you'd just mention them by name & those seem like the 3 en****** that matter.

But then again lets not forget Bellew is a mfer who forgot he called out Wilder when Wilder approached him too so its not like he isn't a guy who can be a lil confused & sh^t with matters concerning things said.
              I think its more of an in the future thing, "if Ward wants a fight bear us in mind". Bellew is fighting Haye next in December

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
                I think its more of an in the future thing, "if Ward wants a fight bear us in mind". Bellew is fighting Haye next in December
                Only if he cant get a better fight I would imagine.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom2111 View Post
                  He signed up in March, but PULLED OUT and wasn't tested in the weeks leading up to the Kovalev fight.
                  And you really think Kov wasn't cycling too? Get real you deluded fool. ALL elite athletes are on a program.

In cs go everyone is hacking in matchmaking at global elite. Same principle applies in high level boxing.

It's part of the game, get over it.

Comment

Originally posted by bboy80 View Post
                    Only if he cant get a better fight I would imagine.
                    Hearn seems pretty set on it, its still Bellews highest purse out there, and hes gotta believe it was a hollow victory

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                      lets see ward fight him instead of bellew then...
                      You're very amusing, bds. We need posters like you here.

Comment

Working...
                      X