Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Ward, Tony Bellew in talks for Cruiserweight fight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
    Looks like a reputable newspaper so probably not fake. Good fight actually if it happens. Up there with Khan vs Canelo.
    Hahaha....

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
      Bro, what you just said is completely and utterly false. You do know that, don't you?
      You're a ****ing idiot

Comment

Andre Ward at heavyweight

Comment

With how the Ward team works I highly doubt they've talked to anyone about his next fight yet. That definitely seems like a doable fight, but Joe Parker for a HW belt seems like the best option if he's moving up.

Comment

Originally posted by GriffTannen View Post
            lol expect nothing less from you
            I've never seen a group of fans be so protective of their fighter and so demanding of fighters they don't like. Oh wait, sorry that's actually all I see here. Defend your fighter for taking easy fights, tell other fighters to fight the very best, immediately when moving up. They did it when Ward moved up to LHW, they didn't want him to take any tune ups after the ring rust like Smith and Brand, or take any test fights like Barrera. Now if he moves up to CW, they immediately want him to face Usyk, who they feel would beat Ward. And I bet if he moves up to HW to fight Parker they will say he's ducking Fury, Joshua, or Wilder.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
              With how the Ward team works I highly doubt they've talked to anyone about his next fight yet. That definitely seems like a doable fight, but Joe Parker for a HW belt seems like the best option if he's moving up.
              I'm sure Hearn has contacted Roc Nation or Ward's manager. If not, why would Bellew lie? Or, why would Hearn or Bellew's manager lie to Bellew, assuming Hearn/manager told Bellew he talked with Roc Nation about Ward?

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
                Look at the sizes of top cruiserweights and their reaches. Ward is too small.

Usyk is supposed to be horrible, but dude is golden olympic medalist and unbeaten as a pro. Ok.

This Ward hype is insane..
                You're thinking too much about size and not skill. I'm looking at their skill and if Ward can outbox them. And yes, I think Ward can outbox them. At the pace I saw Usyk fighting, he's there to be taken 12 rounds by Ward with his slippery defense, and win 7-5 at least. Usyk pauses too much, way too much, and gives space to his opponent. This is a bad idea to do against Ward. Usyk also looks sloppy in the few instances i've seen him get close to his opponents, this is where Ward is one of the best fighters.

Comment

I really like this fight, I think Ward should definitely pursue it. It should be in the UK though, Bellew is a draw, I think it will do solid numbers on Sky PPV.

In terms of the fight - you have to like Ward, but Bellew is a live dog for sure, he is fighting out of his skin at the moment, one of the most in-form fighters in world boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
                    Looks like a reputable newspaper so probably not fake. Good fight actually if it happens. Up there with Khan vs Canelo.
                    Hearn did say it, its from his recent IFL interview, all these stories Hearn related recently have come from the IFL thing

Comment

Aren't they good friends? That's what Ward said.

Would rather see Bellew vs Haye II and see Ward fight Usyk or another top guy at cruiser or light heavy

Comment

Working...
                      X