Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder Erupts, Tears Apart Hearn and Whyte Over Offer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NahMean View Post
    Hes been offered £3million that's nearly $4million
    Yeah, and he still has the nerve to erupt as if he's some hotshot that is huge in the box office. I bet Haymon can't offer him that much with the Stiverne level opponents available.
    I think the guy is a clown.

Comment

Lou DiBella&#8207 Loudibella
      Lou DiBella Retweeted BoxingScene.com
      C'mon eddieHearn. Stop with the Twitter offers and attempts to get Whyte attention. His best cred almost losing to Chisora. Make rematch.

Eddie Hearn&#8207 eddieHearn 1h1 hour ago
      Replying to Loudibella
      Lou with all respect you aren't even in the discussions!

Lou DiBella&#8207 Loudibella 47m47 minutes ago
      And, eddieHearn, you aren't your Dad. Baseball analogy: you were born 6 inches from home plate. Why the mean spirit & arrogance? #badwinner

Eddie Hearn&#8207 eddieHearn
      Replying to Loudibella
      I'm not trying to be my dad but I'm not a mouthpiece either 👍🏼

Lou DiBella‏ Loudibella 35m35 minutes ago
      Lou DiBella Retweeted Eddie Hearn
      Good, because your Dad is a real man and a nice person. I'm nobody's mouthpiece, son.

Eddie Hearn&#8207 eddieHearn
      Replying to Loudibella
      He likes you too and so do I when you aren't sulking. Log off Lou you will get told off 👌🏼

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
        Yeah, and he still has the nerve to erupt as if he's some hotshot that is huge in the box office. I bet Haymon can't offer him that much with the Stiverne level opponents available.
        I think the guy is a clown.
        Hearn said the offer was £3mil plus US TV deal revenue so he'd make over $4mil.. Hearn said that's 5x more that what he will make against Stiverne rematch

Comment

I'm a big Wilder fan, but Wilder is just making a fool of himself. He was going to make $4.5 mill with a $715,000 win bonus for Povetkin. He has been making around $1-$1.5 million for the stepping stones he has been fighting.

Wlad had said he wanted to fight Wilder next, but he had a mandatory or two he had to make first. And then Fury beat him and the rematch postponed and then cancelled and then AJ beat Martin for a title and then he had his first top-notch opponent. Wlad is great. But AJ doesn't want to fight Wilder, he wants Fury and probably Parker, and he might have to fight Wlad again. Parker won't fight Wilder.

But then I guess a lot of it is Wilder not fighting anyone like Whyte. A good, solid opponent, a B or B+ kind of guy. Someone who will lose to the top guys but not against anyone lower than the top tier. You beat guys like Whyte or Ruiz or Pulev, if Wilder beats those type of guys instead of Duhaupas and Arreola, then he is in a much better position to get AJ or at least Parker. Truth is, fighting that level to look good on primetime can be a great thing. But when you don't try to get fights with the lower half of the top ten, the other champs have no real reason to fight him. Wlad's from Ukraine, AJ from England and Parker from New Zealand. All three probably make more fighting each other in Europe.

Wilder really has no right to talk, Whyte would be the best opponent on his record. $3 million is a fair offer, especially for a first offer.

Washington- $900,000
          Arreola- $1.4 million
          Szpilka- $1.5 million
          Duhaupas- $1.4 million
          Molina- $1.4 million
          Last five fights combined- $6.6 million

I honestly just lost a good deal of respect for Wilder.He hasn't been able to get the huge fights. But he makes impossible demands for even B level opponents. He wants more than he has made in his last five fights combined just to fight Whyte? If Whyte was that easy Wilder would quickly make $200,000 more than he made for his last two fights combined. This isn't an excuse from Wilder, it seems like an admission of refusing to fight tough opponents for less than $7 million. Which is ridiculous for fights against HWs from 5-15. That is a good offer for a fight that would actually prove a lot. It would prove Wilder will fight that guys ranked from 5-20 and hopefully, that he could beat them as easily as the tomato cans he has been facing. That's how you make the top dogs face you.

Comment

Deontay Wilder is a coward.

Comment

Double your best payday ever and you come up with excuses?

Smells weird.

Comment

Originally posted by NahMean View Post
                Hearn said the offer was £3mil plus US TV deal revenue so he'd make over $4mil.. Hearn said that's 5x more that what he will make against Stiverne rematch
                I'll leave him alone if I were Hearn and let's see if he can manage to earn the equivalent amount with the kind of fights Haymon is making for him. Let him beg.

Comment

Offering chump change to the champ AND wanting Dillian White to have home field advantage?

Please.

Hearn has to step his game up.

Comment

Eddie Hearn
                    Replying to Loudibella DillianWhyte
                    There are discussions for this fight and others with Deontay and like I said you aren't involved. Don't throw your toys out of the pram

Comment

7 mil? Wilder is a joke. Lol just keep fighting part timers bum squad

Comment

Working...
                      X