Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why are you guys so high on Diego Corrales?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
    I put Corrales on the same level as Margarito in terms of skill and ability, albeit a smaller and less powerful version. If anything he was exposed when he fought Mayweather. He hadn't fought an A-level fight prior, and he his style was made for Floyd, come forward straight up and down, no movement.
    That guy in your avatar never beat an A level opponent and lost to some D level opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by The Viper View Post
      First off RIP Chico, but Seriously every mayweather thead about resume his name comes up immediately.......i remember he smoking alot of low tier fighters, and when he stepped up and fought may he got smoked. he didn't do anything in the fight but follow may around and get jabbed to death..... I understand he was tough guy and a warrior, but alot of people act as if this was a legacy defining fight or something....he wars with castillo were fun and he had a couple other good wins over frietas and casamayor.....but what did he do to have his name mentioned along side mosley, pac and delayhoya or even judah????? Honestly i thought may's win over generao was much better as he was alot more green and inexperienced and still pulled it off.
      Domestic issues screwed Corrales mentally combined with extreme weight struggles.

Just going by the eye test he resembled Ward/Dawson, Hopkins/Tarver and Toney/Jones in the ring. All of them had that characteristic sleepy/sluggish look of a weight drained fighter.

Going by his resume Castillo I and Cotto are much better wins.
      Last edited by Vadrigar.; 06-22-2017, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
        That guy in your avatar never beat an A level opponent and lost to some D level opponents.
        Too bad you don't know boxing history. During his era, Flynn, Smith, Willard, Miske, Carpentier, Gibbons, Firpo, Sharkey were all considered the best of that era. Long count versus Tunney cost him a win.

Now the guy in your Avatar is celebrating a win during an obviously fixed fight. Two fixed wins over Liston, and he got gifts versus Norton, Young, Shavers, Chuvalo, and fought mostly much smaller over-matched opponents. Lost to a guy with 7 fights and almost lost to Wepner, LOL.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
          Diego saw some success after the Floyd fight, got some decent wins against Casamayor, Freitas, Castillo. But Manfredy was never considered an A-class fighter, Garcia was much smaller and just outgunned. I just didn't see anything truly special about Corrales outside of his grit and power, same as Margarito.
          You'll be surprised how many floyd fans are clamoring and demanding Corrales to be in the HOF just to big floyd's win over him.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
            You'll be surprised how many floyd fans are clamoring and demanding Corrales to be in the HOF just to big floyd's win over him.
            which ones specifically? I haven't seen any.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
              which ones specifically? I haven't seen any.
              https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=708441

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
                So is ggg and people **** on him and say he doesn't belong...
                Gggee belongs on the P4P list indeed. just sad hes just now fighting good fights this late in his career and if he loses that will be the excuse. either way hes a good fighter

Comment

therealpugilist made a thread about why Corrales isnt in the IBHOF yet Gatti and Mancini are and you equate that to floyd fans clamoring and demanding Corrales to be in the HOF just to big floyd's win over him?

There are 29 responses in the thread, some of those saying yes he should be, like Mak and Nav are not floyd fans.

The ones answering yes are agreeing with therealp that Corrales should be in BECAUSE gatti and Mancini are.

Seriously dude, you need to stop over exaggerating so much. You also need to step up the reading comprehension because you show an inability to grasp the points being made.

Comment

Originally posted by Wizardsh View Post
                    This and I am going to say he was garbage people who were watching fights back then know this, it just the Larrys who try to make it appear like he was an elite fighter because he fought Floyd but in reality he was a dam club fighter nothing more and nothing less

Freitas, Cassamayor and Castillo would say different.You don't beat that caliber of fighters being a club fighter or even an ok fighter.

Comment

Just a medicore win for Floyd ,Chico was tough but had limitations and no great win to his name

Comment

Working...
                      X