No announcement yet.

RING: Ward #1 P4P, Kovalev #7

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
    This UFC fan wants LLL #1 after beating...who? Hell he arguably lost his last fight to a chinny MW whose been KD by Malignaggi and KTFO before. Also, his other best win is against a Welterweight. Other than that he's looked good against part-time fighters in ONE division.

This boxing pundit is more like a boxing dipshit
    Lol, nice burns. When did p4p become exclusively determined by resume? No more eye test? Thats no fun if u ask me.

Comment

Originally posted by boxing_pundit85 View Post
      Yes by resume ward is #1 probably. i agree. I guess we were arguing two different things. Hes got tons of great close wins. I was thinking the very subjective p4p. I like my p4p fighters to be dominant, polished( offensively and defensivelly), and to outlclass their opponents.
      Fair point but as you fight the top guys that isn't going to happen. Winning a close tough 50/50 fight (like Kov or Ward did in the 1st one) shows a lot IMO.

I think too often NSB expects Floyd/Corrales type domination and that isn't always going to happen. Staying focused and winning despite being down early is the true mark of a champion IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
        Fair point but as you fight the top guys that isn't going to happen. Winning a close tough 50/50 fight (like Kov or Ward did in the 1st one) shows a lot IMO.

I think too often NSB expects Floyd/Corrales type domination and that isn't always going to happen. Staying focused and winning despite being down early is the true mark of a champion IMO.
        Good points. Its funny u say that (floyd corrales) bc floyd is the gold standard imo. Or maybe u just gathered that from my last post haha

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
          People don't understand what P4P means it doesn't mean Ward beat Kovaleve so he's number one it means if the fighters were the same size who would win . If Lomachenko was the same size as Ward he would box circles around him so would Rigo
          Loma is one of best but I'd have to disagree about him' Boxing' circles around Ward. Salido defeated Loma using rough house tactics & nasty borderline low blows as well as body shots. Ward just annihilated the Krusher. Until Loma gets retribution vs Salido he has to stay behind Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
            Remember how after the first fight they didn't move Ward up to #1? Roman Gonzalez remained number 1 and Kovalev stayed in the spot right under Ward IIRC. That was probably due to the first fight being so close / debated.

Now Ward stays at #1 (RG bumped down after last fight) and Kovalev is bumped all the way down to #7.

I think they are making a big statement about how they saw Ward and Kovalev's performance in that fight. A few posters will continue to pretend not to notice what everyone else saw before the low blows, but it doesn't matter. They aren't fooling the rest of us.

But I would still say Kovalev #7 is too low.
            I agree, that was my thought process exactly. I didn't think either Ward or Kovalev proved enough to dethrone Roman from #1. I also thought that Roman's loss to Rungvisai was mostly BS, so I personally did not drop him on P4P too far. After Roman lost, Ward got the #1 by default, because that was the official decision (agree or disagree).
            Now he's proven beyond the shadow of the doubt that he's #1, and Kov is not close. #7 is perfect. I'd have some sort of Ward/Roman/Golovkin/Crawford/Lomachenko around the top5.

Comment

Originally posted by j0zef View Post
              I agree, that was my thought process exactly. I didn't think either Ward or Kovalev proved enough to dethrone Roman from #1. I also thought that Roman's loss to Rungvisai was mostly BS, so I personally did not drop him on P4P too far. After Roman lost, Ward got the #1 by default, because that was the official decision (agree or disagree).
              Now he's proven beyond the shadow of the doubt that he's #1, and Kov is not close. #7 is perfect. I'd have some sort of Ward/Roman/Golovkin/Crawford/Lomachenko around the top5.
              That sounds about right

Comment

Originally posted by boxing_pundit85 View Post
                Lol, nice burns. When did p4p become exclusively determined by resume? No more eye test? Thats no fun if u ask me.
                Eye test only applies when comparing 2 guys fighting top competition. Every time LLL stepped up he had significant difficulty. Canelo KTFO Khan after 8 lb increase. LLL had 13 lb increase and still got busted up by a damn WW.

What eye test man???

Comment

Working...
                X