No announcement yet.

RING: Ward #1 P4P, Kovalev #7

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RING: Ward #1 P4P, Kovalev #7

People don't understand what P4P means it doesn't mean Ward beat Kovaleve so he's number one it means if the fighters were the same size who would win . If Lomachenko was the same size as Ward he would box circles around him so would Rigo

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
      People don't understand what P4P means it doesn't mean Ward beat Kovaleve so he's number one it means if the fighters were the same size who would win . If Lomachenko was the same size as Ward he would box circles around him so would Rigo
      No. Because if Lomachenko and Rigo were LHW they wouldn't be anywhere near as fast.

People see this amazing speed and reflexes of the little guys and are wowed. The speed wouldn't be there if they were naturally a LHW. That's the advantage of being small.
      Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 06-20-2017, 09:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
        I have to say I personally* agree with this - I dont put much into P4P tbh because it seems to be a popularity contest more than anything these days, and the requirements for P4P seems to change from person to person, I personally view it as is quoted above - you take 2 fighters and assess the skillset of both fighters to see who is better - one of the first and more popularized P4P talk was if you could take SSR and Joe louis who would win? Straight up you'd have to go with the HW but if you could change it so that SSR and Joe louis were naturally the same size - was SSR the better fighter? and thus the greater figther P4P, totally unrealistic I know but thats how I look at P4P.

Comment

I don't think that ranking is fair to Kov. He lost to the best in the world right now. He also IMO won the 1st fight. even if ou thought he lost he lost razor thin close to the best in the world.

Comment

I agree. Initially I thought he'd be around 8-10. Kov is still a beast. Ward is simply better

Comment

I am good with Ward number 1

And I really don't like Ward. But he is number 1 right now. No question, no debate.

Ward

Comment

Originally posted by Marcodian View Post
                I have to say I personally* agree with this - I dont put much into P4P tbh because it seems to be a popularity contest more than anything these days, and the requirements for P4P seems to change from person to person, I personally view it as is quoted above - you take 2 fighters and assess the skillset of both fighters to see who is better - one of the first and more popularized P4P talk was if you could take SSR and Joe louis who would win? Straight up you'd have to go with the HW but if you could change it so that SSR and Joe louis were naturally the same size - was SSR the better fighter? and thus the greater figther P4P, totally unrealistic I know but thats how I look at P4P.
                If it were a popularity contest Ward most certainly wouldn't be first.

Comment

Kovalev lucky to still be recognized as a top 10 after back 2 back "L's" including a quit job.
                  Congrats to S.O.G.

Comment

All at the sudden Kovalev becomes a B side... Funny ...

Comment

Working...
                    X