No announcement yet.

RING: Ward #1 P4P, Kovalev #7

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
    I don't think that ranking is fair to Kov. He lost to the best in the world right now. He also IMO won the 1st fight. even if ou thought he lost he lost razor thin close to the best in the world.
    Do you really believe andre ward is the best fighter in the world? Lets say he won 6 or 7 rounds , generously against kovalev, then fought him again in a very competitive fight. We can leave all the controversey and say ward won two close fights agsinst him, and is slightly better. Ok? So how good do u think kovalev is ? Top 3? What do u think of chilemba pascal and a decrepit bernard hopkins that lost to a construction worker within about 2 years of losing to kovalev, who couldnt even get him out... jesus christ. Hes not. To be blunt, theres no fuggin way ward should be p4p above crawford loma ggg ect. If kovalev has slightly better stamina and wins the first fight, then what? Nobody has ward top 5 then. Its just nonsense.... with crawford having a genius ring iq and being an insanely accurate and polished boxer , ggg with his former ko streak and beating a bigger faster jacobs, loma being so good that A level fighters quit. Really ward, a cagey , arguably dirty, defensive fighter with average offensive skills is "the best in thr world? Get real man
    Last edited by boxing_pundit85; 06-20-2017, 10:18 AM.

Comment

Remember how after the first fight they didn't move Ward up to #1? Roman Gonzalez remained number 1 and Kovalev stayed in the spot right under Ward IIRC. That was probably due to the first fight being so close / debated.

Now Ward stays at #1 (RG bumped down after last fight) and Kovalev is bumped all the way down to #7.

I think they are making a big statement about how they saw Ward and Kovalev's performance in that fight. A few posters will continue to pretend not to notice what everyone else saw before the low blows, but it doesn't matter. They aren't fooling the rest of us.

But I would still say Kovalev #7 is too low.

Comment

Originally posted by boxing_pundit85 View Post
        Do you really believe andre ward is the best fighter in the world? Lets say he won 6 or 7 rounds , generously against kovalev, then fought him again in a very competitive fight. We can leave all the controversey and say ward won two close fights agsinst him, and is slightly better. Ok? So how good do u think kovalev is ? Top 3? What do u think of chilemba pascal and a bernard hopkins that lost a construction worker about 2 years after kovalev couldnt get him out... jesus christ. Hes not. To be blunt, theres no fuggin way ward should be p4p above crawford loma ggg ect. If kovalev has slightly better stamina and wins the first fight, then what? Nobody has ward top 5 then. Its just nonsense.... with crawford having a genius ring iq and being an insanely accurate and polished boxer , ggg with his former ko streak and beating a bigger faster jacobs, loma being so good that A level fighters quit. Really ward, a cagey , arguably dirty, defensive fighter with average offensive skills is "the best in thr world? Get real man
        Dude, check their records and their resume. Ward has all the skills loma and crawford have. What he has on them is he has proven it against other great fighters,im their primes, some of whom were bigger than him as well.

Loma, lets face it, has some really good wins and is a generational talent. No win is better than Froch or Kov. GGG's resume has Jacobs on it. The rest is a litany of garbage so putird that no serious p4p list has him anywhere near the top (unless you count ESPN hahahaha). Crawford is an exceptional talent who hasn't defeated anyone heavier than him yet and has no wins that come close to even Kessler, let alone Froch and Kov.

Your join date is 2007 so I assume you are not one of the cretins that make this forum a crapfest. I agree Kov's stamina is questionable. I also think he went out like a hoe against Ward. Despite these shortcomings, he has a better resume than all 3.

IMO he is ranked too low at #7.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          Dude, check their records and their resume. Ward has all the skills loma and crawford have. What he has on them is he has proven it against other great fighters,im their primes, some of whom were bigger than him as well.

Loma, lets face it, has some really good wins and is a generational talent. No win is better than Froch or Kov. GGG's resume has Jacobs on it. The rest is a litany of garbage so putird that no serious p4p list has him anywhere near the top (unless you count ESPN hahahaha). Crawford is an exceptional talent who hasn't defeated anyone heavier than him yet and has no wins that come close to even Kessler, let alone Froch and Kov.

Your join date is 2007 so I assume you are not one of the cretins that make this forum a crapfest. I agree Kov's stamina is questionable. I also think he went out like a hoe against Ward. Despite these shortcomings, he has a better resume than all 3.

IMO he is ranked too low at #7.
          Yes by resume ward is #1 probably. i agree. I guess we were arguing two different things. Hes got tons of great close wins. I was thinking the very subjective p4p. I like my p4p fighters to be dominant, polished( offensively and defensivelly), and to outlclass their opponents.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
            No. Because if Lomachenko and Rigo were LHW they wouldn't be anywhere near as fast.

People see this amazing speed and reflexes of the little guys and are wowed. The speed wouldn't be there if they were naturally a LHW. That's the advantage of being small.
            QFT. Those type of posts are the most irritating.

Comment

I would have Kovy between 6 and 8. He's a hell of a fighter and has an incredible 1-2 combo. His defense downstairs and his left hook could use some work though. Excellent otherwise.

I think Ward just edges #1 with a number fighters at his tail...Rigo, Loma, TC, Canelo (especially if he boxes circles around LLL like I expect), not a Thurman fan but he keeps on winning, Frampton/LSC, Chocolatito, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                No. Because if Lomachenko and Rigo were LHW they wouldn't be anywhere near as fast.

People see this amazing speed and reflexes of the little guys and are wowed. The speed wouldn't be there if they were naturally a LHW. That's the advantage of being small.
                Roy Jones Jr. must have missed the memo

Comment

Originally posted by boxing_pundit85 View Post
                  Do you really believe andre ward is the best fighter in the world? Lets say he won 6 or 7 rounds , generously against kovalev, then fought him again in a very competitive fight. We can leave all the controversey and say ward won two close fights agsinst him, and is slightly better. Ok? So how good do u think kovalev is ? Top 3? What do u think of chilemba pascal and a decrepit bernard hopkins that lost to a construction worker within about 2 years of losing to kovalev, who couldnt even get him out... jesus christ. Hes not. To be blunt, theres no fuggin way ward should be p4p above crawford loma ggg ect. If kovalev has slightly better stamina and wins the first fight, then what? Nobody has ward top 5 then. Its just nonsense.... with crawford having a genius ring iq and being an insanely accurate and polished boxer , ggg with his former ko streak and beating a bigger faster jacobs, loma being so good that A level fighters quit. Really ward, a cagey , arguably dirty, defensive fighter with average offensive skills is "the best in thr world? Get real man
                  This UFC fan wants LLL #1 after beating...who? Hell he arguably lost his last fight to a chinny MW whose been KD by Malignaggi and KTFO before. Also, his other best win is against a Welterweight. Other than that he's looked good against part-time fighters in ONE division.

This boxing pundit is more like a boxing dipshit

Comment

LOL suddenly people are good with the Ring rankings

Comment

Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
                      Roy Jones Jr. must have missed the memo
                      Naming one of the fastest fighters ever doesn't make a case.

The average fighter below 130 has and will always be way faster than the average 168/175 fighter. If you're scaling them up and want to keep their speed, then the bigger fighters power advantage should scale up too and they get KTFO with the first punch that lands.
                      Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 06-20-2017, 10:40 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X