No announcement yet.

Word On The Curb: Roc Nation folding, TR picking up Andre Ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    Yea that was a bit rough. He also dissed J'Leon Love for no good reason which just seemed mostly awkward cuz that joke didn't even go over so well.

I just see that sorta sh^t as lame & it makes me think less of certain people as respectable, impartial journalists & members of the boxing media. If you're working in that world I think a certain degree of objectivity should be attempted, but so much of this stuff reminds of me republicans on FoxNews & democrats on MSNBC & is just lame like I said. I got no other word for it. And I got a loose definition of objectivity, but damn some of these mfers just take straight shots at people like they are being paid for it, like I suspect many of them are.
    Yeah, if you think the TR deal with ESPN/ABC is great that's fine. I happen to think it's good for boxing. But just to throw gratuitous shots at PBC because Haymon doesn't send you a Christmas card like Bob does gets really old. As far as I can tell, PBC is still having network cards and has had several already. Bob has ONE Network card and he's the biggest genius in the world.

Comment

Originally posted by BWC View Post
      Yeah, if you think the TR deal with ESPN/ABC is great that's fine. I happen to think it's good for boxing. But just to throw gratuitous shots at PBC because Haymon doesn't send you a Christmas card like Bob does gets really old. As far as I can tell, PBC is still having network cards and has had several already. Bob has ONE Network card and he's the biggest genius in the world.
      LOL right.

And PBC just had a presser for Broner vs Garcia so someone needs to go tell them guys the fight is off apparently cuz PBC doesn't exist anymore.

Comment

Originally posted by BWC View Post
        I've found the vast majority of boxing media at almost any level will bash Haymon/PBC all the time, while basically going down on Arum and TR without even being asked. I think it's a just a thing where you're like blackballed or something if you praise PBC in the boxing media.

Just today she had a guest on that was saying TR wasn't copying PBC because PBC "failed". Whatever, I mean I think both PBC and TR are here to stay.
        I think Raging Babe had a falling out with Fight Hype, she used to be on Floyds strap praising him and bashing Manny. I know now she has a thing for Terence Crawford.

Actually, I know that if you bash Haymon or Mayweather, they black ball you from attending the PBC events. People have bashed Arum and they still get to cover his events, that racist Dontae and other pro black boxing youtubers always get into Top Rank events and Dontae has called ARum racist, roach racist, hates on Pacquiao and lomachenko and every non black boxer, and he still has the nerve to interview Arum, Roach, Pacquiao with no shame and Top Rank has never kicked him out.

Haymon and Mayweather have censored and kicked out media from their events though. And Haymon refuses to do interviews or talk to the media he hides in the shadows like a shady character up to no good.

I personally have no Issue with Top Rank or PBC, but you got guys here who live vicariously and play sides its like politics and tribalism.

Comment

Working...
        X