Word On The Curb: Roc Nation folding, TR picking up Andre Ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    What did he do to Gamboa?

Wasn't Gamboa the guy who signed to 50 Cent with Floyd only being rumored to be a part of SMS Promotions? I've felt that was Gamboa's poor business decisions once again more than Floyd's fault. Or is there something else going on there I'm not aware of or forgetting?
    Yeah you're right. Actually it wasn't floyd's fault. It was 50 cents' with his failed SMS promotions. Still floyd could've sign Gamboa to his Mayweather Promotions if he was really being sincere with him after SMS folded..

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
      Top Al Haymon-advised fighters from 168-175:

Adonis Stevenson
      James DeGale
      Artur Beterbiev
      Eleider Alvarez
      The Dirrell bros
      Andrej Fonfora

Top - Top Rank from 168-175:

Gilberto Ramirez
      Ward talking about moving to CW & HW doe.

Comment

Ward talking about moving to CW & HW doe.
        I think he's just talking about it as a possibility. We know he's serious, because he said he's not playing about that in the post fight press, but how soon is it and is it permanent? And if he goes to CW and then HW, are those the last 2 fights of his career? We don't know that yet.

Comment

I think he's just talking about it as a possibility. We know he's serious, because he said he's not playing about that in the post fight press, but how soon is it and is it permanent? And if he goes to CW and then HW, are those the last 2 fights of his career? We don't know that yet.
          I'll be surprised if he fights more then 2 or 3 more times. I don't think he's running through the 175lb division like he ran thru 168. I think he feels like he already did with Kovalev + with Stevenson being viewed as a non-combatant in the division isn't reallllllly all that relevant to him.

If he fights next at 175 it'd probably be Stevenson or maybe a Beterbiev or The Nail & then I'd bet he's out. I tend to think Stevenson is borderline ******ed & will overplay his hand or act like he has a hand at all at this point & the fight won't happen as usual with Stevenson so if he fights at all it'll be Beterbiev or The Nail & then onto 200lbs or HW.

The guy has been fighting for 13 years. I don't think he's sticking around much longer.

Comment

I'll be surprised if he fights more then 2 or 3 more times. I don't think he's running through the 175lb division like he ran thru 168. I think he feels like he already did with Kovalev + with Stevenson being viewed as a non-combatant in the division isn't reallllllly all that relevant to him.

If he fights next at 175 it'd probably be Stevenson or maybe a Beterbiev or The Nail & then I'd bet he's out. I tend to think Stevenson is borderline ******ed & will overplay his hand or act like he has a hand at all at this point & the fight won't happen as usual with Stevenson so if he fights at all it'll be Beterbiev or The Nail & then onto 200lbs or HW.

The guy has been fighting for 13 years. I don't think he's sticking around much longer.
            While Gvozdyk's destruction of Chilemba and Gonzalez were great for his level, I think if it's not Stevenson or a Kovalev trilogy, it should be the next best guy, Eleider Alvarez. Obviously the best one would be Stevenson because he's #1 ranked and has the last belt Ward needs, but like you said, it could be difficult to fight Stevenson due to promotional feuds.

Comment

Originally posted by BWC View Post
              Listening to Raging Babe's podcast now. Who knows what RNS is going to do on boxing, but if they are out, which wouldn't be a shock, Top Rank is clearly the next stop for Ward..
              Raging Babe is basically a Top Rank shill, didnt she have a falling out with Fight hype she used to ass kiss Floyd when she first started and bashed Pacquiao hard. her tune changed a few years ago and she doesnt bash Manny anymore.

Raging Babe is the ultimate butter face, she has a nice voice, and amazing thick juicy body but her face, OUCH, rough as hell.

Comment

Hard to imagine a fighter looking to the future with a guy in Arum who cant possibly live too much longer.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
                  Raging Babe is basically a Top Rank shill, didnt she have a falling out with Fight hype she used to ass kiss Floyd when she first started and bashed Pacquiao hard. her tune changed a few years ago and she doesnt bash Manny anymore.

Raging Babe is the ultimate butter face, she has a nice voice, and amazing thick juicy body but her face, OUCH, rough as hell.
                  I've found the vast majority of boxing media at almost any level will bash Haymon/PBC all the time, while basically going down on Arum and TR without even being asked. I think it's a just a thing where you're like blackballed or something if you praise PBC in the boxing media.

Just today she had a guest on that was saying TR wasn't copying PBC because PBC "failed". Whatever, I mean I think both PBC and TR are here to stay.

Comment

While Gvozdyk's destruction of Chilemba and Gonzalez were great for his level, I think if it's not Stevenson or a Kovalev trilogy, it should be the next best guy, Eleider Alvarez. Obviously the best one would be Stevenson because he's #1 ranked and has the last belt Ward needs, but like you said, it could be difficult to fight Stevenson due to promotional feuds.
                    Yea I could see Alvarez in the mix too. I'm probably wishful thinking with Beterbiev & The Nail who I think are two of the more interesting guys trying to come up to me. Not as big into Alvarez, but he's clearly a talented guy who's going to make more noise in the division in the next year or so as the Ward/Kovalev/Stevenson era winds down.

Comment

Originally posted by BWC View Post
                      I've found the vast majority of boxing media at almost any level will bash Haymon/PBC all the time, while basically going down on Arum and TR without even being asked. I think it's a just a thing where you're like blackballed or something if you praise PBC in the boxing media.

Just today she had a guest on that was saying TR wasn't copying PBC because PBC "failed". Whatever, I mean I think both PBC and TR are here to stay.
                      Yea that was a bit rough. He also dissed J'Leon Love for no good reason which just seemed mostly awkward cuz that joke didn't even go over so well.

I just see that sorta sh^t as lame & it makes me think less of certain people as respectable, impartial journalists & members of the boxing media. If you're working in that world I think a certain degree of objectivity should be attempted, but so much of this stuff reminds of me republicans on FoxNews & democrats on MSNBC & is just lame like I said. I got no other word for it. And I got a loose definition of objectivity, but damn some of these mfers just take straight shots at people like they are being paid for it, like I suspect many of them are.

Comment

Working...
                      X