No announcement yet.

Word On The Curb: Roc Nation folding, TR picking up Andre Ward

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BWC View Post
    I think Main Events is also about toast in the US market. They have nothing. If RNS and ME leave boxing, you really have K2 and then the Big 3 in the US market and that's it. Consolidation finally taking hold in the industry..
    Eh idk about that. I think Main Events has been a fringe promoter for lack of a better term for quite a few years & probably the entire duration of Kathy heading the company. I say they aren't going anywhere, but they haven't been & will continue to not be a major player. They will pop up from time to time doe cuz they got some alright fighters on there roster & they could end up with some pickings from RN's roster to if this turns out to be true.

Comment

Roc nation was giving out crazy money to fighters that dont bring huge fan bases or big ppvs. They literally only have Ward now and hes not a popular fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Mayweather Promotions need to pick up Rigo. Rigo will have some meaningful fights finally cuz Floyd throws you in deep waters to teach you to swim like a drunk dad in the 70's.

Wonder if Floyd has already talked to him about it & gots the lowdown. Assuming this won't be much surprise to the fighters if it is true.

Hope Arias lands someone solid too. He had a nice W this weekend.
        Matchroom should get him if theyre moving into the US. If hes moving up to 126 theres a load of Brits for him to fight, Hearn wants his fighters fighting the best now, plus no promotional issues with anyone else. But after Ortiz doubt will he wanna go Cuban again

Comment

Mayweather Promotions need to pick up Rigo. Rigo will have some meaningful fights finally cuz Floyd throws you in deep waters to teach you to swim like a drunk dad in the 70's.

Wonder if Floyd has already talked to him about it & gots the lowdown. Assuming this won't be much surprise to the fighters if it is true.

Hope Arias lands someone solid too. He had a nice W this weekend.
          I'll be surprise if Floyd signs Rigo after what he did to Gamboa. I think we won't be seeing Boringodeaux again for quite a while which to me is a good thing.....
          Last edited by Outworn; 06-19-2017, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
            Matchroom should get him if theyre moving into the US. If hes moving up to 126 theres a load of Brits for him to fight, Hearn wants his fighters fighting the best now, plus no promotional issues with anyone else. But after Ortiz doubt will he wanna go Cuban again
            Man idk if Hearn wants a f#cking a Cuban in England (sounds like a sitcom Netflix would be pushing) that could beat his entire roster boring the sh^t outta UK fans. Might destroy UK boxing lol. Respect to Rigo who I actually enjoy watching, but I know most don't enjoy watching him.

I think Mayweather Promotions would be a great fit cuz it don't even matter who Floyd gots on his roster Floyd will end up getting him a fight with f#king somebody from some promoters roster that will mean something to Rigo's career while the rest of these promoters are just hoping their guy beats him or they don't even know what to do with him like most of his previous promoters.

Comment

Not surprised. They ended their relationship with Cotto, who is more marketable.
              Don't even know why they're in this business.
              They're spending way too much money with negative profit.

Comment

Originally posted by SLICK TURD View Post
                I'll be surprise if Floyd signs Rigo after what he did to Gamboa. I think we won't being seeing Boringodeaux again for quite a while which to me is a good thing.....
                What did he do to Gamboa?

Wasn't Gamboa the guy who signed to 50 Cent with Floyd only being rumored to be a part of SMS Promotions? I've felt that was Gamboa's poor business decisions once again more than Floyd's fault. Or is there something else going on there I'm not aware of or forgetting?

Comment

Where else would he go if RN goes outta business?
                  Top Al Haymon-advised fighters from 168-175:

Adonis Stevenson
                  James DeGale
                  Artur Beterbiev
                  Eleider Alvarez
                  The Dirrell bros
                  Andrej Fonfora

Top - Top Rank from 168-175:

Gilberto Ramirez

Comment

Originally posted by Hatesrats View Post
                    Ward Vs. Parker for the HW championship... mark it down
                    Exactly what i thought.

Comment

There were rumors Ward was leaving leaving RNS for TR after the first Kovalev fight too. Combine that with Shakur Stevenson signing with TR instead of RNS and the writing is on the wall. Another rapper's boxing venture seems to be flaming out.

Remember when SMS and RNS were gonna take over boxing?

Comment

Working...
                      X