Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Was Pacquiao only famous because of Floyd?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by danceswithfire View Post
    de la hoya made both pac and floyd famous...
    ^^^^^^^^^^^

In terms of "crossing over mainstream" De La Hoya is their daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
      Pacquiao was famous because he was a f**king amazing fighter. He's easily the second best fighter of the generation. He'll go down as a legend and will get into the boxing Hall of Fame the very first second he's eligible. Now yes, did him being perceived as the biggest threat to Floyd boost his popularity? Yeah, obviously. I mean I'm not delusional.

And dude, he's on the doorstep of 40 years old and he's selling out a 55,000 capacity stadium in freaking Australia. Clown the Horn fight all y'all want but how many fighters, at the very end of their career, can go fight freaking Jeff Horn and put 55,000 asses in seats in f**king Brisbane?

To say that Manny Pacquiao is only famous because of Floyd...I mean wow. That's disrespectful as f**k, holmes. Go look at his accolades. His achievements list is so f**king long you can make it into a f**king book.
      He knows that. This Is just another lame attempt at doing his best to downplay and criticize Pacquiao's accomplishments. The media Isn't Interested In covering a fight when the majority of people In America do not know who Jeff Horn Is.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmt View Post
        He knows that. This Is just another lame attempt at doing his best to downplay and criticize Pacquiao's accomplishments.
        That's what I don't get get, though. I mean for what? Floyd already beat him in what most consider to be a pretty one sided fight. What's there to gain in trying to downplay him even more? Dude if I was a Floyd fan that last thing I'd want to do is downplay Pacquiao's accomplishments. Because doesn't downplaying his accomplishments cheapen the win Floyd had over him?? If anything if I was a Floyd fan I'd be talking Pacquiao's ass up, not talking him down

Comment

Larry you went full Larry never go full Larry.

Comment

That's what I don't get get, though. I mean for what? Floyd already beat him in what most consider to be a pretty one sided fight. What's there to gain in trying to downplay him even more? Dude if I was a Floyd fan that last thing I'd want to do is downplay Pacquiao's accomplishments. Because doesn't downplaying his accomplishments cheapen the win Floyd had over him?? If anything if I was a Floyd fan I'd be talking Pacquiao's ass up, not talking him down
            He does the same thing to Wlad, Kovalev, Golovkin, Pacquiao, Lomachenko...eventually you'll start to notice the obvious trend...

Comment

Marquez knocking him out took the shine off him...not floyd waiting 6 years to decision him in a sparring session.

Comment

I absolutely agree, yet they are not Intelligent enough to comprehend.

Floyd knows the deal though and had the following to say

“I can say that none of them were easy,” said Mayweather via Boxingscene.com. ”Although I must say that Canelo was tough....Miguel Cotto [was tough]. Manny Pacquiao was very tough. Pacquiao is very good. He was better than I thought.

Comment

Originally posted by cammoking123 View Post
                  There were never Pac fans, only Mayweather haters.
                  Are you literally smoking crack? Who the hell wouldn't be a fan of a guy that's a machine gun int he ring, and puts on some of the most epic performances ever? You're a ****ty ****ty boxing fan.

Comment

Agree, and Pacquiao won that fight.

Comment

No. He was famous because of his style and personality. He became a global star because he was linked to Floyd and vice versa. The fact that they both beat Oscar helped each of them.

The media has gotten away from covering him because he's simply fighting guys like Bradley again, Jesse Vargas, whoever Jeff Horn is, I think there was a mix of Brandon Rios and Chris Algerie as well. Those guys, in comparison to Manny, aren't supposed to share the ring w/ him and the media and fans know it(outside of Bradley)

Comment

Working...
                      X