Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rigondeaux's fight to be changed to a no decision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rigo was just doing what he does... Flores threw a punch after the bell, Rigondeaux countered it. I'd say that was reflex more than anything.

Comment

Flores straight up flopped.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        Junior featherweight titlist Guillermo Rigondeaux's KO1 of Moises Flores on Saturday night will be changed to a no decision on Monday by the Nevada State Athletic Commission, a source with direct knowledge of the forthcoming decision told ESPN. The fight has already been reviewed and it is clear the KO punch was thrown after the bell.

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=2...332099130997-4
        That's fair. I thought the Chinese judge scoring 8.95 on that dive was cheating. The dive was clearly a 9.5. Greg Louganis got a chubby.

Comment

Good verdict. The punch was clearly after the bell, and a DQ would've gone too far, in my opinion. I cringe to think of that guy Flores getting a "win" over Rigo in such a manner. Yeesh.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            What happened in the NBA exactly?

And yea you aren't wrong about it being a rare happening. I just hate seeing this level of "slip & fall in front of a guy mopping & sue a grocery store for $50k" opportunistic type behavior in a fight I suppose.
            Players do extra acting to draw foul calls from referees. So the NBA tried to review those plays and fine players for flopping.

But it's just too hard to determine what is a natural reaction versus a true flop so they stopped doing it

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
              Good verdict. The punch was clearly after the bell, and a DQ would've gone too far, in my opinion. I cringe to think of that guy Flores getting a "win" over Rigo in such a manner. Yeesh.
              Rigo still looked good didn't he,time we get that Lomachenko fight before he gets too old

Comment

Originally posted by EL_GRINGO View Post
                Rigo still looked good didn't he,time we get that Lomachenko fight before he gets too old
                It was just one round, but I thought he looked pretty good, too. Flores was throwing punches, which was a good thing. Rigo needs someone to throw, otherwise it tends to turn into a staring contest. Flores didn't land a single punch, while Rigo landed two hard shots. Too bad one of them came after the bell. Lol

Comment

Originally posted by EL_GRINGO View Post
                  Or before Lomachenko moves up in weight once and for all. It truly is now or never for this fight. Haven't heard a peep from Loma's camp about a possible Rigo fight since the fight last night. Hopefully this week Loma will say something

Comment

It's the right call. Regardless if the fight would've ended up being with Rigo KO'ing Chucky out cold

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                      Players do extra acting to draw foul calls from referees. So the NBA tried to review those plays and fine players for flopping.

But it's just too hard to determine what is a natural reaction versus a true flop so they stopped doing it
                      Yea thats the hard part, telling if something is legit or not I don't disagree. I guess I just wanna see more emotional intelligence applied with the rules in these grayer cases, even if they are infrequent, cuz I hate seeing a guy using this sorta method to get his way, by avoiding the L he was looking like he was going to catch.

How long they have that rule for before the sh^t hit the fan?

Comment

Working...
                      X