No announcement yet.

Rigondeaux's fight to be changed to a no decision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tom Cruise View Post
    Would be extremely harsh to make that a DQ considering Flores threw a punch at the same time.

Maybe it would be technically the correct decision. But it would be harsh. NC is the best outcome
    I think this is a rule that shouldn't be black and white because every situation is different.

This isn't Roy Jones vs Montell Griffin where the fighter is on his knees in a defenseless position .

Both fighters were throwing and Rigo's landed unfortunately for him.

NC/ND is the correct call here

Comment

now time to change the main event result too. both fights ended by illegal shots so presumably that will get changed too.

Comment

Don't love the call, but can't hate it either.

I think there should be more attempt at stopping guys from milking fouls. While this was a foul, it likely would've been a soft warning if Flores didn't fall like a sack of potatoes & moved less than a guy just hit by a car for a minute or whatever after that. I think it'd have been a over-reffing situation if the ref had even taken a point if Flores didn't drop like a hooker when you hand her a crisp fifty.

So while I don't have a clue how you stop guys from "faking it" I think its a problem & in these sorta cases I'd prefer the real guy going against the spirit of the rules, Flores, being "punished" via a KO loss then Rigo being punished with a No Contest being given to him. And sure a NC is better than a DQ L for Rigo, but Flores is the one who most went against the spirit of the rules of boxing & against the soul of the sport in general with laying down like he was more injured then he was.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
          now time to change the main event result too. both fights ended by illegal shots so presumably that will get changed too.
          Pathetic. Ward broke down Kovalev with great body work. That clown in your avatar can get it too if he ever steps up.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
            Don't love the call, but can't hate it either.

I think there should be more attempt at stopping guys from milking fouls. While this was a foul, it likely would've been a soft warning if Flores didn't fall like a sack of potatoes & moved less than a guy just hit by a car for a minute or whatever after that. I think it'd have been a over-reffing situation if the ref had even taken a point if Flores didn't drop like a hooker when you hand her a crisp fifty.

So while I don't have a clue how you stop guys from "faking it" I think its a problem & in these sorta cases I'd prefer the real guy going against the spirit of the rules, Flores, being "punished" via a KO loss then Rigo being punished with a No Contest being given to him. And sure a NC is better than a DQ L for Rigo, but Flores is the one who most went against the spirit of the rules of boxing & against the soul of the sport in general with laying down like he was more injured then he was.
            That's impossible. The NBA tried to impose fines on flopping and it failed miserably.

Luckily instances like last night are rare occasions

Comment

That's fine. As long as he doesn't lose his belt. Flores is a bltch. Bring on loma

Comment

if Flores was as good an actor as Dirrell is he would have got the DQ......

Comment

OK? They fight again I guess But I think even after 1 Round Flores knows it is no fuking way he can beat Rigo. Too Slow and he Loads up and SCREAM his Punches Out

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                    thought flores was embellishing.

really glad i didn't have to watch another rigondeaux fight. don't care a ton about it, but it looked like an illegal blow and grounds for a DQ. whatever, just get that guy off of my TV.
                    Lol...that's exactly what someone said where i was watching it..."saves us 12 rounds of rigondeaux"

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                      That's impossible. The NBA tried to impose fines on flopping and it failed miserably.

Luckily instances like last night are rare occasions
                      What happened in the NBA exactly?

And yea you aren't wrong about it being a rare happening. I just hate seeing this level of "slip & fall in front of a guy mopping & sue a grocery store for $50k" opportunistic type behavior in a fight I suppose.

Comment

Working...
                      X