No announcement yet.

Rigondeaux's fight to be changed to a no decision

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rigondeaux's fight to be changed to a no decision

Junior featherweight titlist Guillermo Rigondeaux's KO1 of Moises Flores on Saturday night will be changed to a no decision on Monday by the Nevada State Athletic Commission, a source with direct knowledge of the forthcoming decision told ESPN. The fight has already been reviewed and it is clear the KO punch was thrown after the bell.

http://www.espn.com/espn/now?nowId=2...332099130997-4

How they missed it on the fight night I'll never know. All those monitors and replays and they still butchered the call. NSAC should invest in some headphones.

So it's a NC because the punch wasn't intentional? That's what I'm confused on. What earns someone a DQ and what earns someone a NC

Comment

I'm cool with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Boi 360 View Post
        How they missed it on the fight night I'll never know. All those monitors and replays and they still butchered the call. NSAC should invest in some headphones.

So it's a NC because the punch wasn't intentional? That's what I'm confused on. What earns someone a DQ and what earns someone a NC
        I guess they are thinking the punch was intentional, but the fact it was after the bell was accidental.

I disagree because it was a decent amount of time after the bell, but because Flores was throwing at the same time im happy for it to be a NC rather than a DQ.

Shame but **** happens. Hopefully Rigo moves on and gets a top opponent before he gets too old

Comment

NC/ND is the correct call imo. Good on the NSAC for handling this properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Boi 360 View Post

I think the referee has to call it a DQ at that moment. He called it a win, which was deemed incorrect, and they changed it to a NC.

Rigo is very lucky that the ref ruled it a KO victory. He could have the first loss on his record.

Comment

Good on the commission to actually do something and switch the decision even though it could have gone either way.

Now let's see if they do the right thing and switch the Kovalev vs Ward decision to an NC which was much more egregious in nature.

Me think no after they receive their payoff.

Comment

No contest is probably right. A disqualification wouldn't be fair because that's what flores wanted.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
                  I think the referee has to call it a DQ at that moment. He called it a win, which was deemed incorrect, and they changed it to a NC.

Rigo is very lucky that the ref ruled it a KO victory. He could have the first loss on his record.
                  Would be extremely harsh to make that a DQ considering Flores threw a punch at the same time.

Maybe it would be technically the correct decision. But it would be harsh. NC is the best outcome

Comment

thought flores was embellishing.

really glad i didn't have to watch another rigondeaux fight. don't care a ton about it, but it looked like an illegal blow and grounds for a DQ. whatever, just get that guy off of my TV.

Comment

Working...
                    X