Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rigondeaux: I'm Tired of Press and Everyone Saying I'm Boring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I didn't like was how HBO keep trying to have Rigo call out Lomachenko ( or Chocolatito ) by actually Saying Their Names and Rigo kept saying " I'll fight anybody ". HBO was looking for a call out n Rigos corner knew it ( yelling Lomachenko in the background) but Rigo Wouldn't Say The Name !

Comment

Where is lea " panticruz " , where is rabbit frampton? Where is abduck mares ? Or quack quack quigg ? Ha ha

Rigondeaux is back ...

Rigondeaux lomachenko must happen. Rigondeaux will break one of those Lomas bone ...
      Loma is good , pretty good , but rigondeaux defense and power punch will be enough to beat Loma .
      Two times olimpics gold medal must fight , they must ...

Make it happen hbo , make it happen.

Hit and not be hit ; can not hit what you don't see .

Comment

Has everyone lost their minds? Is a great boxer now defined by who can get away with the most illegal tactics. This is getting absurd. Rigo has been boxing all his life & clearly one of the greatest boxers EVER. He knows very well that you can't hold behind the head & hit. This guy had no business being in the ring with Rigo, these illegal tactics were completely unnecessary.

Comment

Originally posted by jwalkr View Post
          Has everyone lost their minds? Is a great boxer now defined by who can get away with the most illegal tactics. This is getting absurd. Rigo has been boxing all his life & clearly one of the greatest boxers EVER. He knows very well that you can't hold behind the head & hit. This guy had no business being in the ring with Rigo, these illegal tactics were completely unnecessary.
          I say some negative stuff about Rigo, but I call it like it is. Rigo's an awesome talent, but it's not the first time I've seen him use dirty tactics. I agree, they're unnecessary. Rigo was on his way to schooling Flores last night. Instead, the fight ends in ugly controversy.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
            I say some negative stuff about Rigo, but I call it like it is. Rigo's an awesome talent, but it's not the first time I've seen him use dirty tactics. I agree, they're unnecessary. Rigo was on his way to schooling Flores last night. Instead, the fight ends in ugly controversy.
            ... did Flores manage to lay his punches on Rigo?... just once?

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
              ... did Flores manage to lay his punches on Rigo?... just once?
              That's what I'm getting at. Despite being the much bigger man, Flores didn't appear to have a prayer. His only chance was a KO. And the way it looked, he would've needed a lot of luck to land a solid blow. Rigo himself only landed two punches in the fight. Both of them hard.

Comment

Rigo is a genius. If you say you dont like to watch his fights, you have an agenda or you dont like boxing. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                  Rigs has a habit of holding and hitting. He's done it in a couple other fights that I've seen. The punch that made Flores do bad acting wasn't a hold and hit punch though.

Comment

I totally enjoy watching Guillermo Rigondeaux box, far more than I enjoy watching Andre Ward and even Sergey Kovalev.

Outside bending below the waist, Rigondeaux doesn't perform as many illegal moves and as frequently as Andre Ward.

I prefer 'slick' boxers who are skillful in the art of hitting and not getting hit but also are capable of sticking to the rules of boxing without cheating as much as some of the other boxers.

In addition, being a 'slick' boxer doesn't mean one has to throw punches without commitment to power and damaging the opponents. Certain boxers (namely Andre Ward) have the tendency to tap their opponents with their gloves without any intention of damage and then get credited for it. At least Guillermo Rigondeaux commits to power and hurts / damages his opponents.

I'm not even entirely sure why some people find Guillermo Rigondeaux 'boring'. I guess it could be because he isn't a combination / high volume puncher. However, as far as I'm concerned, quality > quantity. If one punch inflicts more damage than 10, then that 1 punch is better.

Comment

Originally posted by The Akbar One View Post
                      Rigs has a habit of holding and hitting. He's done it in a couple other fights that I've seen. The punch that made Flores do bad acting wasn't a hold and hit punch though.
                      You are 100% right. I've seen it before. And, yes, the blow that made Flores lie down was clean, albeit after the bell. Funny how Flores claimed afterwards that he had his hands down when the punch landed. He was throwing a punch, too. Lol

Comment

Working...
                      X