Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev is Furious: He Hit Me With Low Blows - This is Bull****!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
    White guy here and I can't get enough of the whining. These rabid Kovy fans will either vanish (which is good bc they're mostly racists) or jump ship onto Triple L.

Can't stand this crowd - at all - bandwagon queers
    Agreed. People value narratives more than the sport and it's sad. I'm all for a good fight no matter the victor even though I may be rooting for one fighter.

I respected t Bradley and mattyhsse after they bet my boy Lamont, respected lomanchenko after he beat Russell jr. Good boxing is good boxing and exciting to experience.

Sad to see such fandom.

Comment

• Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
      kov got his ass beat brother, stop trying to use that final shot as an excuse. kov was mentally n physically defeated... i understand your pain!
      What pain? I am just calling it how the rest of the world saw it

Comment

• Honestly, I think Kovalev may have exaggerated his reaction to the punch a little bit (kind of like Dirrell does) thinking that the ref was going to deduct a point.

It's hard to know for sure. But I'm almost certain that if he had known the ref was going to STOP the fight, he wouldn't have done that. He said he could've continued fighting and I believe him.

Comment

• I think kovalev over played the low blow thinking Ward would get a point deducted and he could get a rest to recover. That right hand from Ward was not the reason at all. Ward is a dirty fighter, so you have to fight dirty. It was a very bad stoppage, but Kovalev took a risk and backfired on him completely.

Comment

• Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
            I think kovalev over played the low blow thinking Ward would get a point deducted and he could get a rest to recover. That right hand from Ward was not the reason at all. Ward is a dirty fighter, so you have to fight dirty. It was a very bad stoppage, but Kovalev took a risk and backfired on him completely.
            Nah he was begging for help even before that. In fact, earlier in the round, e completely turned his back on Andre Ward. Amateur **** fighters at the top never do, Kovalev looked horrible in that 8th round. It was like hed rather be anywhere else on the earth but in that ring with Andre Ward. Too bad for him, the ref was paying attention. The Krusher had his will crushed and looked for a way out. Look at his face when it ended. He was super relieved.

Comment

• http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/i...yweight-titles

'' "I don't know. I can't explain it," Kovalev said about the end of the fight. "Not every round, but I thought I was doing very good. I was better, and he was better this fight. I didn't feel like I was getting knocked down with his punches."

He said he thought Ward was hitting him below the belt but that he was OK.

(NO OUTRAGE)

"I could have continued," Kovalev said. "I didn't feel the punch. This is fighting. We are boxers. Yes, he did punch me, but he didn't hurt me. The fight should have continued."

kov is upset (enraged ) at the stoppage, NOT the ''low'' blows.

Comment

• At least give Kovalev some time to find his balls!

Comment

• African-American referee blatantly helps African-American boxer in a fight that takes place in the US as usual...

Another non-African-American from a foreign country, screwed over in such a shameless, blatant and ridiculously evident fashion.

So, what's new?

Let's see a third fight in Russia. I'd bet Kovalev would need way less than 5+ blatant low blows, to KO Ward. Every clinch from the clinch master Ward, would deserve a low blow from Kovalev, "unnoticed" by the Russian white Caucasian referee. Ward would be rendered unconscious and never be able to fight again.

"Winning" by excessive clinching, a truckload of low blows and a ridiculous stoppage... Ward and his fans must be so proud of such a fake "champion!"
                  Last edited by sterilizer; 06-18-2017, 06:57 PM.

Comment

• I said before the fight, and Kovalev has confirmed the obvious - the guy cannot take responsibility, and will continue to point the finger at everyone else but him.

You'd think after back to back fights where he gassed out, he would acknowledge his conditioning is poor.

I used to be a fan of his, but the whinging and whining after the first fight soured things. And now it continues.

Comment

• Ward in the early rounds should get a warning, and in 8 they should pick him up and the Russian give time to get to him.
                      If that was the case, it would not be controversial.

Comment

Working...
                      X