Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Settle this once and for all; Were those punches LEGAL or ILLEGAL???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

big fan of both guys. but those were illegal. not mad at ward it's the ref job to stop and prevent that. almost everyone at the top bends or breaks the rules to get an advantage at some point in their career. some more than most Bhop, ward, Floyd elbow/forearm.

kovalev was putting ward in a headlock then putting his weight on ward to tire him out.

weeks had an off night or is corrupt. probably an off night.

not sure why so many are in denial and pretending ward didn't low blow he did it early in the fight kovalev was peppering him with jabs and boom low blow from ward to break and stop kovalev momentum.

more than likely those denying that low blows happened are just trolling and some are just legitametly mad that ward has another controversial win against kovalev and in general ward doesn't get his due anyways so are just gonna go with the flow "kovalev can't take it to the body"

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      Borderline. Problem is, even without those punches, Kovalev was on the way out. Would have been nice if Weeks corrected the situation and let Ward win more definitively but Kov was done.
      Yeah, I agree they were borderline........but I also agree that Kov was done because as soon as a guy not known for power catches a guy just right like Ward did with that sweeping right hand and buckled the knees of a power puncher, you can see the end coming soon. Either way, Ward was going to stop Kov. The hunter became hunted and when that happens, there is only one ending.

Comment

Originally posted by 2120 View Post
        big fan of both guys. but those were illegal. not mad at ward it's the ref job to stop and prevent that. almost everyone at the top bends or breaks the rules to get an advantage at some point in their career. some more than most Bhop, ward, Floyd elbow/forearm.

kovalev was putting ward in a headlock then putting his weight on ward to tire him out.

weeks had an off night or is corrupt. probably an off night.

not sure why so many are in denial and pretending ward didn't low blow he did it early in the fight kovalev was peppering him with jabs and boom low blow from ward to break and stop kovalev momentum.

more than likely those denying that low blows happened are just trolling and some are just legitametly mad that ward has another controversial win against kovalev and in general ward doesn't get his due anyways so are just gonna go with the flow "kovalev can't take it to the body"
        Low blows or not, I'm pretty sure Ward was putting a whopping on the Russian. You could tell he didn't want any more..

Comment

Originally posted by allstar View Post
          Low blows or not, I'm pretty sure Ward was putting a whopping on the Russian. You could tell he didn't want any more..
          https://youtu.be/iLxlV5C4KHY

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
            ]
            Because someone makes a YouTube video saying it was an illegal blow you believe it?

That punch looks on the belt line to me.. His nuts are no where near that punch..

Nice try tho..

Comment

Because someone makes a YouTube video saying it was an illegal blow you believe it?

That punch looks on the belt line to me.. His nuts are no where near that punch..

Nice try tho..
              That punch was right on the B of the HUBLOT logo. Beltine? Really? That was right in the nuts. Are you kidding me beltline?

Comment

Didnt want those low blows

Comment

I saw a borderline low blow followed by 2 low blows and then bad stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
                    Yeah, I agree they were borderline........but I also agree that Kov was done because as soon as a guy not known for power catches a guy just right like Ward did with that sweeping right hand and buckled the knees of a power puncher, you can see the end coming soon. Either way, Ward was going to stop Kov. The hunter became hunted and when that happens, there is only one ending.
                    Borderline?

https://youtu.be/iLxlV5C4KHY

Comment

Before that right from Ward, Kovalev was still in control... Yep he was staggered but he was also throwing those weak shots and evading some punches...

Then those huge low blows came up. Cmon you're staggered then take some strong low punches from an Andre Ward? Who would want to continue?

Comment

Working...
                      X