Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Settle this once and for all; Were those punches LEGAL or ILLEGAL???

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

95 votes for "ILLEGAL"

It is confirmed, it was an ILLEGAL low blow punch!

Comment

Which punches? The last one was low

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
        Which punches? The last one was low
        Essentially every "body" punch that Ward threw.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaolin Sword View Post
          Essentially every "body" punch that Ward threw.
          Nah there were plenty of clean shots, belt line shots and borderline shots but not very many clear low blows. The last sequence of shots was too low though.

I can't vote on all the punches because there was a variety of punches.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
            Nah there were plenty of clean shots, belt line shots and borderline shots but not very many clear low blows. The last sequence of shots was too low though.

I can't vote on all the punches because there was a variety of punches.
            Oh sorry, if you're asking which punches I'm referring to for the poll, I meant the last 3 the led to the stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by Shaolin Sword View Post
              Oh sorry, if you're asking which punches I'm referring to for the poll, I meant the last 3 the led to the stoppage.
              No no no didn't you hear? The last 2 or 3 body punches that were clearly low had nothing to do with the stoppage, it was that one right hand from a few minutes earlier

Really though, it was a terrible stoppage. Either call the low blow and deduct points or don't stop the fight at all.

Stopping the fight on a clear foul is a bad look. But oh well, Kovalev got beat convincingly by Ward and that's all we're gonna get.

Comment

It's obvious that the last punch thrown by Ward was a foul and then Weeks stopped the fight. Which means the fight was stopped on a foul.
                Kovalev was cheated out of a chance to recover and fight on and Ward was cheated out of scoring a legitimate ko or tko. Just another typical night at the fights. smh

Comment

I really don't understand this exchange but I keep seeing it:

Guy 1: The punches that ended the fight were low blows

Guy 2: Ward had that round in the bag! Kovalev was wobbly!

Those two things have NOTHING to do with each other.

The vast majority agree the finishing punch was a low blow.
                  That same majority agree that Kovalev was in trouble that round.

Yet a few stubborn posters keep forwarding the idea that if you wobble a guy with a legal punch, you have license to go full Golota on his balls. No. That's not in the rule book. If anything it makes the offense more severe.
                  Last edited by ////; 06-20-2017, 01:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
                    I really don't understand this exchange but I keep seeing it:

Guy 1: The punches that ended the fight were low blows

Guy 2: Ward had that round in the bag! Kovalev was wobbly!

Those two things have NOTHING to do with each other.

The vast majority agree the finishing punch was a low blow.
                    That same majority agree that Kovalev was in trouble that round.

Yet a few stubborn posters keep forwarding the idea that if you wobble a guy with a legal punch, you have license to go full Golota on his balls. No. That's not in the rule book. If anything it makes the offense more severe.
                    What would you rather see, DQ for Ward or the fight changed to a NC?

What's more fair uncle Ahmed?

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                      X