No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Stops Sergey Kovalev in Eight To Retain Belts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am just going to state the facts.

What is it with African American referees and judges always helping African American boxers defeat non-African American boxers?

This was just ridiculous.

First, a clear low blow that sold-out Weeks let go, a couple of rounds before the final round. It was a clear low blow. It took the oxygen and strength out of Kovalev. He could never recover from that. So Weeks, instead of stopping the action and letting Kovalev recover, and maybe discounting a point from Ward, let the fight continue. THIS STARTED THE END.

Fast forward a couple of rounds. Ward catches Kovalev with a great right to the face, with all his body behind it. A legit shot. He stuns Kovalev but does not knock him down. Then, Ward goes after Kovalev, and throws IDK three, four or five straight blatant low blows, while Weeks deliberately covers the cameras and pretends not to see. After Kovalev gets evidently weakened by a flurry of low blows, Weeks suddenly stops the fight for no justifiable reason, instead of penalizing Ward or even disqualifying him for throwing a barrage of low blows . Weeks is a sold-out embarrassment.

This was totally ridiculous. And then, either naive or sold-out Kellerman says in public that he considers Ward the #1 P4P boxer today, after such blatant robbery, during his interview with Ward, where he pretended not to notice about all the low blows.

I have the highest respect for REAL African American boxing champions, like Ali, Foreman, Hagler, Leonard, Tyson (before the bitings), and many, many more real fighters, but this has gone beyond blatantly disgusting. The way referees helped Mayweather Jr. in the past and the way Weeks just ruined Kovalev's career today, is a total shame. Even with the very bad camera angles, it was pretty obvious that Ward "won" the fight, by deliberately connecting low blows, knowing that his accomplice Weeks would turn a blind eye on his cheating. Ward is a pathetic cheater, and he evidently is the one who chooses who will help him "win" his fights.

Sad day for boxing!
    Last edited by sterilizer; 06-17-2017, 11:40 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by OneHittaQuitta1 View Post
      Your delusional hate is on another level
      No. Your being blinded is the issue. Where is my hate? I am critical Of Ward but I do say he is a great fighter but controversy is his shadow.
      A truly great fighter isn't surrounded by controversy.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveM View Post
        What does where i'm at gotta do with it - ******. 45 years watching boxing so go back to bed.
        Lol!!!!I'm dying!

Comment

• Originally posted by megabandp View Post
          I have a perfect strategy for McGregor to shock the world with. Low blow then when Mayweather starts to hunch over hit him with and overhand right, and then three uppercuts to the nuts.
          Ward can train him on that, he is now the expert, as the idiot Kellerman said, this will be thought in the future to kids. What an idiot Kellerman is, damn, repeated low blows thought to kids who want to box )

Comment

• My point of view is this bro...It was going to be a battle of attrition. I thought some of the shots from both guys were a mixture of clean, on the beltline, & some strays. But non-intentional. Wen u have 2 guys going downstairs at the same time & blocking body shots ur going to get errant shots & deflections that end in the wrong spots. It was a rugged & sometimes messy fight. I loved all of it up to the stoppage. & in the case of the shots that finished the fight....Kov was literally doubled over trying to protect the body. There's a high chance that something strays. but the only clean view I got was the shot kov blocked & deflected low. I just think wen u have athletes of that cachet and of that caliber & stakes for their careers that high...u don't interfere and take the opportunity to crry on from them. But alas...Business rules all. I love Ward. & am happy he showed up big. But I respect Kov too much not to feel grief over this....for both guys actually.

Comment

• Was the figh tas good as the first? I got out of work late and missed the fight

Comment

• Just rewatched the last round. Kovalev didn't want any more. Didn't even try to protest the stoppage. He was looking for a way out. Lou Dibella called it on his twitter account.

Ward had his number. Plain and simple.

Comment

• Originally posted by millcitymauler View Post
                  You need to take a break and collect yourself...Even you don't believe what you just typed.
                  Where's the issue - skill level those guys are ahead - they just lack resume. Ward has the resume but he is dogged by controversy - headbutts, bad judging, bad refereeing, and drained opponents - its a shame because he is a really talented fighter

Comment

• Originally posted by BOXING-SCRIBE View Post
                    Lol!!!!I'm dying!
                    ok. Hurry up. One less ****** in this world.

Comment

• Originally posted by kushking View Post
                      There is no standing 8 count in vegas title fights.
                      Originally posted by Mister Wolf View Post
                      There is no standing 8 in pro boxing.
                      Yep.

It's funny to hear people calling for it. You've got a guy doubled over, not fighting, defending himself, or taking a knee. There's only one thing the ref can do.

Comment

Working...
                      X