No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Stops Sergey Kovalev in Eight To Retain Belts

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SteveM View Post
    I got Gary Russel, Lomachencko, Tank, Crawford, Thurman, Rigo and even Frampton with better skill level than Ward. But people give heavier weights too much creedence.
    Your delusional hate is on another level

Comment

• They weren't low blows. First one was to the belt line, the next two were too the stomach as he doubled over. As for the stoppage it's 50/50 Kovalev was doubled over pretty bad and stayed on the ground after it was all over and he didn't complain and admitted fault.

Remember what Foreman use to say about jabs to the pit of the stomach that Floyd use to employ???? If you look throughout the fight Ward was using Kovalev's Krusher symbol as a target and it was located in the pit of his stomach... That is a lost art Kovalev didn't know how to react.

Side note I was rooting for Ward but that commentary was Biased as ****.... worst I've ever heard.

Comment

• WOW! YES! It was a great fight Kovalev did well in spots but Ward was much better this time. There was some controversy but it was Ward's fight at that point, great win for Ward!

Comment

• Duva will say dirty fighting low blows cost Kovalev the fight investigation should be done rematch! Instead of losing humbly

Comment

• people crying about low blows .... it was the right hand that made that coward stumble. that was the end of him. instead of going out like the "krusher" on his shield he cowards down and stops moving. he was begging the ref to save him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
              Ward landed a low blow early in the round that hurt Kovalev. Kovalev motioned he was hurt, but Weekes refused to give him a rest. Ward saw Kovalev was hurt to the "body" (****), and as he said in the post fight interview, he knew Kovalev's hands were down to protect his body, which is the only reason he was able to throw that right to Kovalev's head that hurt Kovalev, and then he threw three low blows to Kovalev's **** again on the ropes, hurting Kovalev to the **** even more. Kovalev sagged into the rope thinking the ref would warn Ward, or at least give a count for the ropes holding him up so he could recover, but instead Weekes stopped it at the earliest opportunity. Why? He never even got knocked down. He wasn't eating clean shots to the head except for that one early in the round.

The commentary team was also fluffing Ward up the entire night. It felt like the only one not on the take this time was Lederman. We know where Max and Roy stand, and it felt like Lampley got reprimanded after the last fight after Ward and Virgil complained about him and said he should retire.

Was Kovalev gassing? Yes, low blows and hip shots all night will do that to you. But he was still winning rounds. The entire thing was a joke. I know Ward fans will celebrate like crazy because they never cared how Ward won, just that he "won," as we saw after the first fight. But come on man. Come on.
              Well said.

Comment

• Originally posted by SteveM View Post
                I got Gary Russel, Lomachencko, Tank, Crawford, Thurman, Rigo and even Frampton with better skill level than Ward. But people give heavier weights too much creedence.
                You need to take a break and collect yourself...Even you don't believe what you just typed.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
                  Bad stoppage
                  appreciate the impartiality

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweet_Science2 View Post
                    Yet you keep responding and crying like a bytch! AND STILL PUSSIE
                    I rest my case.......

Comment

• How about Duva realizes Kovalev camps are a joke inmate runs the assylum first Russian overtrained him this guy undertrained him rested long between drills lol

Comment

Working...
                      X