Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward, Sergey Kovalev Both Weigh 175 Pounds for Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kovalev is scared. At least beyond nervous. He used the same tactics he did with Stevenson via racist tweets, name calling, making threats, and crying to the media. Problem is.....ward accepted his call out and now he has to prove what he's been talking. From all the tough guy talk and threats, he seems to be a little timid in the same room with ward. He looks away, runs from pressers, etc. His body language says a lot. Kovalev knows that ward isn't afraid of him and he also knows ward isn't a soft punching cream puff like he's been saying. He also knows ward can hurt him as well, and he's in a real fight. Ward has already beaten him mentally, and tomorrow he's gonna finish him off physically. This is the last hurrah for main excuse, I mean main event promotion.

Comment

Ok Sigmund Freud.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
        A what the hell did cancer boy do to make it seem like he won? Get outpunched, outlanded, dropped and have a swollen face, then fall on his knees at the final bell because he couldn't even stand up? That bald Eagle would not be proud of you, clown.
        It was the first time his fans admitted that age has caught up with him, but others seen it as "he finally fought someone with a heartbeat without an UBER license."

With a fight that close, why do Jacobs have to wait 3 years for a rematch?

Granted Kov and Ward had a rematch clause, Ward jumped right back on it. He didn't retire, he didn't forfeit the belts. He jumped back into the ring with him.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
          A what the hell did cancer boy do to make it seem like he won? Get outpunched, outlanded, dropped and have a swollen face, then fall on his knees at the final bell because he couldn't even stand up? That bald Eagle would not be proud of you, clown.
          In defense of Jacobs, or cancer boy as you pointed out....... he did win rounds 1,2,3 lost 4,5, won 6,7,8, 10, and 11. That's 8-4. Make it 5 counting the knockdown. He did not get out punched or outlanded, and for the record.....swollen faces and falling one time is not how you judge a fight. It's a round by round points system.

Comment

Just think...if there was NO kd what the scores would've looked like down the line from the judges

Comment

Originally posted by Mrbamladen View Post
              In defense of Jacobs, or cancer boy as you pointed out....... he did win rounds 1,2,3 lost 4,5, won 6,7,8, 10, and 11. That's 8-4. Make it 5 counting the knockdown. He did not get out punched or outlanded, and for the record.....swollen faces and falling one time is not how you judge a fight. It's a round by round points system.
              Also give him rounds 13, 14, 17, 21, 47 and 96 while you're at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                Kovalev looks like he wants to kill Ward.
                coWARD thinks he is getting in Kovalev's head but you can tell the moment they announced that travesty of a decision after the first bout that he [Kov] was dead set on taking the judges out of the equation this time. He doesn't want to talk to him, be in the same room with him, none of that, he just wants to Krush him in the ring.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                  coWARD thinks he is getting in Kovalev's head but you can tell the moment they announced that travesty of a decision after the first bout that he [Kov] was dead set on taking the judges out of the equation this time. He doesn't want to talk to him, be in the same room with him, none of that, he just wants to Krush him in the ring.
                  Kov has this 'killer' vibe going for me right now.

Its like Sgt. Barnes in Platoon. I cant embed can you post the video I'm talking about?

Comment

Originally posted by Mrbamladen View Post
                    Kovalev is scared. At least beyond nervous. He used the same tactics he did with Stevenson via racist tweets, name calling, making threats, and crying to the media. Problem is.....ward accepted his call out and now he has to prove what he's been talking. From all the tough guy talk and threats, he seems to be a little timid in the same room with ward. He looks away, runs from pressers, etc. His body language says a lot. Kovalev knows that ward isn't afraid of him and he also knows ward isn't a soft punching cream puff like he's been saying. He also knows ward can hurt him as well, and he's in a real fight. Ward has already beaten him mentally, and tomorrow he's gonna finish him off physically. This is the last hurrah for main excuse, I mean main event promotion.
                    YEah, I'm sure he's shaking in his boots. Dropped dude and out punched him, had 73% of people thinking he won the fight so I don't really know what he has to be scared of.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                      Kov has this 'killer' vibe going for me right now.

Its like Sgt. Barnes in Platoon. I cant embed can you post the video I'm talking about?
                      This one?

Comment

Working...
                      X