Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Local sports radio guy here in Dallas says McGregor can beat Floyd because...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
    "If McGregor can focus for a few months on solely training for just boxing, he can win."

Just heard him say it on the way home.

I know this is just one dumb f**k among millions who are deluded enough to believe this, but...jeezus, man.

Are human beings this f**king ******ed? Floyd has been in the boxing game his ENTIRE life. Are people really ignorant enough to believe that one can go train for a few months on something and not only master it, but be better than someone who has lived and breathed it for their entire life?

What the f**k is wrong with people??
    This is why the fight is going to sell so much, because of people like this, he says that and people may start to think "Wow I guess he could" and next thing you know this fight sells 3 million PPVs and Floyd wins easily either way.

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
      My little brother (who follows MMA and only watches big boxing fights) seems to think McGregor has a shot because Floyd is old. I told him that's a lot like picking a young MLB pitcher to outdo an old NFL quarterback.

Sure the pitcher is younger and is used to throwing, which probably makes him more suited for being a QB than a random guy on the street. But all that muscle memory and pitching practice will be hard to convert into the kind of passing skill that a QB who has been drilling it down their whole life would have.
      No offense, but that's a stupid comparison. Pick two sports that are more alike, at least.

BTW here's one (regarding the sports, not the age thing)...
      Hisaki Kato vs Joe Schilling in Kickboxing

Schilling was Ranked #4 and former Middleweight Champ in Kickboxing.
      Kato was 0-0 in Kickboxing and only a decent MMA fighter with a 6-2 record

This is what happened...
      The championship level Kickboxer is the one laid-out on the canvas...

Comment

hes damn right connor will decapitate the old man

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          I saw Paulie Malignaggi going back and forth with a hardcore fan on Twitter. The guy said something stupid and Paulie said something that made so much sense, he said: There are people who what this shit every weekend and still have no idea what they're watching.

Think about people that write about boxing and people that call the fights. When it comes to breaking down the fight how many of them really know what they're watching? Out of those that do know what they're watching (former fighters and trainers) how many can properly articulate it to the audience? Maybe just Roy Jones Jr and Paulie. In other sports you have former players and coaches doing the color commentary and a broadcaster doing the play by play. People don't realize how much John Madden's telestrator helped the average fan when it comes to the technical side of football. And also video games. Fans know all the defensive and offensive schemes. The guys doing the color commentating can break down the plays and they guys doing the play by play call the plays correctly. Lampley can't even call the correct punch being thrown and he calls punches that miss.

Now think about the writers. Fat Dan is the most known boxing writer. You never see him at gyms talking to fighters unless it's fight week. He sits at home and calls his sources about fight news or waits for them to call him. He can't break down a fight and he can't score a fight. Most writers have no idea what they're watching so they can't articulate it to the fans. That's why we get so much "all Floyd does is run and hug" "Ward is a clincher". They don't know the subtleties or nuances. So fans think it's just two guys in the ring throwing punches at each other. They've seen McGregor throw punches at guys and KO them so they think he can do the same to Floyd if "Floyd doesn't run and hug". The boxing media is to blame for these casuals thinking Conor has a chance because they watch this shit every weekend and have no idea what they're watching and the fans take their word for it.
          yeah well said, great post

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
            you live in Dallas?? ill be down there next month

Damn homie I didn't **** talk you when I was drunk recently or anything did I? I know you got a rep for wanting to come to dude's cities to whoop their ass

whatever I said I didn't mean it dude, I was just drunk I swear

Comment

Originally posted by USMCer View Post
              No offense, but that's a stupid comparison. Pick two sports that are more alike, at least.

BTW here's one (regarding the sports, not the age thing)...
              Hisaki Kato vs Joe Schilling in Kickboxing

Schilling was Ranked #4 and former Middleweight Champ in Kickboxing.
              Kato was 0-0 in Kickboxing and only a decent MMA fighter with a 6-2 record

This is what happened...
              The championship level Kickboxer is the one laid-out on the canvas...

The talent pool in kickboxing is paper thin and Schilling has a glass chin.

Comment

how much money will radio guy be putting on mcbeggar ?

Comment

The guy who does the interviews on the Mayweather youtube channel actually said to Jeff Mayweather that Conor punches harder than anyone Floyd has ever faced.

Can't tell if he was serious or not though.

Comment

Originally posted by Elroy The Great View Post
                    how much money will radio guy be putting on mcbeggar ?
                    Idk didn't say if he was brave enough to put his money where his mouth is, but he did say that he was getting the fight even if it runs $100, and admitted that he hasn't got an actual boxing fight in some 20 years. Like people have said these are the types of people that they're counting on to bring in the mega dollars for this ****.

These people wouldn't give a fight like Canelo/GGG or Ward/Kovalev 2 one second worth of consideration but they'll happily drop a hundred on this circus...backwards ass world we live in

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                      Idk didn't say if he was brave enough to put his money where his mouth is, but he did say that he was getting the fight even if it runs $100, and admitted that he hasn't got an actual boxing fight in some 20 years. Like people have said these are the types of people that they're counting on to bring in the mega dollars for this ****.

These people wouldn't give a fight like Canelo/GGG or Ward/Kovalev 2 one second worth of consideration but they'll happily drop a hundred on this circus...backwards ass world we live in
                      of course hes not going to bet against may. talking up connor brings more listeners. no one wants to hear the truth !

anyone on a boxing forum who supports this should turn in their membership card. this is not a boxing match !

Comment

Working...
                      X