No announcement yet.

why do people support boring fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=Freedom .;17744673]You know why.

Always the same predictable posters, love Ward no matter what he does and hate Wlad, GGG, Kovalev, Calzaghe, etc.[/QUOTE}

can you stop lumping everybody into one pot based on some poster because i can do the same thing with some of GGG, Wlad, etc fans

Comment

Good post. Agreed 100%. This is entertainment after all and also a BLOOD sport. If you aren't willing to entertain the fans who made you rich, I won't support you. No matter "race", nationality, color, creed, whatever.

You knew what you were signing up for when you chose this profession. I'm not saying fighters should just brawl mindlessly face-first, I enjoy a lot of the technical aspects, but you gotta give the fans something exciting. "Boring" fighters have contributed to Boxing's decline, and MMA's rise, IMO.
      Part of the problem is the thirst for blood is never quenched for certain fans. Most don't actually box themselves so they don't understand what boxers are subjected to during a fight.

Another problem is that lots of fans don't respect fighters when they do take chances for the sake entertainment. Kell Brook is a perfect example. He fought his a** off against GGG and Spence, got seriously injured during both fights and somehow still received criticism for his efforts.

There many examples of fans providing negative reinforcement when fighters lay it all on the line to entertain them. Fans should take accountability as well for the downfall of boxing....

Comment

like wlad and postmates huh???

Comment

Originally posted by STAX ON DECK View Post
          like wlad and postmates huh???

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
            I like all breasts except fake ones. Just saying.
            MAN I had the displeasure of feeling on some fake ones I was highly upset! Ur right

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                Not all of us are as clueless as you when it comes to boxing, some of us understand WHY some fighters fight they way that they do.

I would be bored to if I didn't understand WTF I was watching! Boxing is more than just "THROWING PUNCHES UNTIL SOMEONE GETS KNOCKED OUT"

A Boring Fighter became almost a Billionaire being Boring and also was able to last for well over a Decade and walk away still the BEST IN THE SPORT! So gyms around the world should be encouraging their fighters to be "BORING LIKE MAYWEATHER'
                Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                The biggest PPV draw in history was a so called "boring" fighter, nobody wanted to watch him though.
                because of his persona and entertaining build ups to ifights, they wanted to see him lose. and even still, (early) mayweahter was much more exciting than someone like ward or lara.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                  because of his persona and entertaining build ups to ifights, they wanted to see him lose. and even still, (early) mayweahter was much more exciting than someone like ward or lara.
                  so why are so called exciting not top draws

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
                    will stick that on 3 minutes before i plan on going to sleep tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by VERSION1 (V1) View Post
                      so why are so called exciting not top draws
                      anthony joshuas a pretty big draw now. if you look at fights of the year from years gone by they had action. hagler hearns considered one of best of all times cause it was real fighters trading punches. you wont see ward v green in fight of the year shortlists. as i said the 'money' persona helped floyd and he knew how to hype a fight. but people were dissapointed when they tuned in and saw him doing his track and field act. his performance against pacquiao was god damn disgraceful, watched the replay the other day, and that fight set the sport back a lot.

Comment

Working...
                      X