Collapse
No announcement yet.

why do people support boring fighters?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like exciting fights, but I also like to watch high level excellence. Most of the time you don't get both (sometimes you do, Wlad-Joshua as a recent example), normally the highest level of the sport is not so dramatic and its because the technical level of the participants is so high there are less mistakes.

I am one of these people that enjoys this aspect of the game, for example I'm probably in the minority who really enjoyed May-Pac because I could see the million decisions they were making in there, and the level of concentration. I really love Roy-Bhop I, again an extremely high level chess match, but probably not too exciting for a casual.

I like exciting fights too especially if there is a high technical level to go with it, but that is pretty rare and if I know they aren't being fought at a high level then it sort of takes away from the excitement a little bit.

But why can't all aspects of the game be appreciated?

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
      I like exciting fights, but I also like to watch high level excellence. Most of the time you don't get both (sometimes you do, Wlad-Joshua as a recent example), normally the highest level of the sport is not so dramatic and its because the technical level of the participants is so high there are less mistakes.

I am one of these people that enjoys this aspect of the game, for example I'm probably in the minority who really enjoyed May-Pac because I could see the million decisions they were making in there, and the level of concentration. I really love Roy-Bhop I, again an extremely high level chess match, but probably not too exciting for a casual.

I like exciting fights too especially if there is a high technical level to go with it, but that is pretty rare and if I know they aren't being fought at a high level then it sort of takes away from the excitement a little bit.

This seems to be the better question.

Comment

Im starting to think biganalshow and Maxi pad are the same posters.

They both post the most ******ed **** you can think of and then it backfires on them.

Comment

You support Kelly brook

Comment

If by boring you mean defensive first fighters. I'd say I prefer to watch defensive first fighters rather than brawlers or come forward fighters because I just love the art of hit and not getting hit. It's far more entertaining to me if I'm honest.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post

agree with everything you said

Comment

I cant speak for all but i know that there are many wannabe hardcores rooting for boring, safety first super technical fighters to look more sophisticated and sht.

Comment

I've gotten accused of racial biased when rooting for or criticizing certain boxers.

I'm a fan of styles. Not race. You can be half human/half donkey. If you provide an entertaining fighting style I'll root for you.

My favorite fighters of all time are:

Tyson
                  Holyfield
                  Pryor
                  Duran
                  Pacquiao
                  Juan Manuel Marquez
                  Cotto
                  Gatti
                  Johnny Tapia
                  SRR

It doesnt get any more diverse than that.

Comment

It's all a matter of personal preference.

If you're a fan of a specific music genre. Are you not a true fan of the genre although not a fan of every single artist?

I can be a hip hop fan yet dislike the style of certain hip hop artists.

Comment

Originally posted by uppercut510 View Post
                      I like all styles of boxing, that's why im a boxing fan. watching a fighter not move his head and get hit all night is entertaining but watching a fighter actually move out of the way of the glove and technically destroy his opponent is entertaining as well. crying about who others support and what they like is a very ignorant and childish stance to take. Not every boxing match will be the same, just like all women don't look the same, I can ask the question "why do men like women with small breast" but its his preference.... Do your self a favor and stop. maybe that will help.
                      I like all breasts except fake ones. Just saying.

Comment

Working...
                      X