Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adonis Stevenson Demolishes Andrzej Fonfara in Two Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don't be surprised for Alvarez crying for Stevenson and taking 3-4 more Silver Belt Defenses in the mean time... The guy knows his days are counted... GYM also knows it ... Everyone knows it ...

Comment

• easy job for Stevenson, Fonfara very bad defence.

Comment

• Stevenson is one dimensional fighter. All he has is a left hand. Fonfara is such a bum that he was beaten with one hand. Its crazy. The only way Stevenson can beat Kovalev or Ward is a lucky shot.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
          Is Virgil overrated?
          That brings up an interesting point. I've seen some trainers have a very good impact on bringing out the best in their fighters but I think if for instance, every trainer had 5 fighters who had a mix of records like 10-3, 18-6, or 22-7, I would have a hard time believing they could sculpt a Pac or a Spence or a Canelo out of that group. I remember when Ice John Scully had a few fighters he trained, one being Chad Dawson who Scully helped provide his greatest performance and win to date when Chad impressively defeated Hopkins. I said to Ice, "you know what? If you had some of the stars other trainers have, you would be a top trainer too." Having the right roster is everything. But yeah, trainers are limited to the material they have. But you would think Virgil could at least have taught Fonfara head movement and defense and how to hold and move on his feet to survive but Fonfara did none of that. It's like they were so sure their game plan would work. But not moving his head? Makes me scratch my head.
          Last edited by richardt; 06-03-2017, 10:22 PM.

Comment

• Lol, the Stevenson haters are mad at this! So glad for this 39 year old guy. It will be Stevenson vs Ward!

Comment

• Originally posted by richardt View Post
              That brings up an interesting point. I've seen some trainers have a very good impact on bringing out the best in their fighters but I think if for instance, every trainer had 5 fighters who had a mix of records like 10-3, 18-6, or 22-7, I would have a hard time believing they could sculpt a Pac or a Spence or a Canelo out of that group. I remember when Ice John Scully had a few fighters he trained, one being Chad Dawson who Scully helped provide his greatest performance and win to date when Chad impressively defeated Hopkins. I said to Ice, "you know what? If you had some of the stars other trainers have, you would be a top trainer too. Having the right roster is everything. But yeah, trainers are limited to the material they have. But you would think Virgil could at least have taught Fonfara head movement and defense and how to hold and move on his feet to survive but Fonfara did none of that. It's like they were so sure their game plan would work. But not moving his head? Makes me scratch my head.
              The game-plan could've been better.

Fonfara came out fast, just like he did against Smith....and he also got put down again. He got into exchanges way too soon. No head movement against a proven puncher is ridiculous.

Comment

• Low Place......Where are you at? Did you want to continue our conversation from earlier and how boxing is predictable?

It may be somewhat predictable for some people (me) but it's apparently not for you.

TKO2. Told you so.

Comment

• Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                  The game-plan could've been better.

Fonfara came out fast, just like he did against Smith....and he also got put down again. He got into exchanges way too soon. No head movement against a proven puncher is ridiculous.
                  Why do people keep bringing Smith Jr in the equation ?... I mean he's the glorified Buster Douglas of the 21st century... Lucky for him, but come on guys, let's be serious here ...

Comment

• Originally posted by MrRolltide91 View Post
                    Is Virgil overrated?
                    Ward made Hunter, not the other way around. Any trainer down at the 'Y' could have been just as effective as Hunter was for Fonfara in this fight. He just doesn't have the skills to beat Stevenson. End of story. Turn the page.

Stevenson will finally fight a threat in Alvarez next. Then the winner can be fed to Kovalev.

Comment

• I would pick Stevenson to beat Ward and Kovalev. He's seriously underrated.

Comment

Working...
                      X