Comments Thread For: Adonis Stevenson Demolishes Andrzej Fonfara in Two Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by PETUFF View Post
    I know Chavez jr is happy haha
    Remember when Al Haymon's plan was apparently for Chavez Jr. to fight Stevenson if he beat Fonfara LOL? That would have been a beating for all time. Can't believe they ever thought that was a good idea, assuming the reports were true about that.

Comment

• Guys be happy for stevenson. This was the biggest win of his career. Sure it was an unnecessary rematch with a poorer version of a guy he was criticized for fighting the first time around but it's still his biggest win.

Comment

• Originally posted by Come on Man... View Post
        You better believe I'm serious.
        Instead of appreciating his talent now, these people are just waiting for for him to lose, so they can say he was "exposed", even though he'll be over 40-years-old by then. Love him or hate him, but he's the champion. Not bad for a guy who turned pro at 29-years-old!

Comment

• Originally posted by jewishguy22 View Post
          Guys be happy for stevenson. This was the biggest win of his career.
          How was it bigger than his title-winning victory over lineal champ Chad Dawson? Or his victory over former champ, Tavoris Cloud? Or his stoppage of Tony Bellew, who went on to win a cruiserweight title and KO David Haye?

Comment

• Originally posted by kingmaker View Post
            What do you see in Alvarez that makes you think that any top lightheavyweights would duck him? If he fought Pascal pre Kovalev he probably would have lost. Hes a world class boxer dont get me wrong but i dont see anything elite from him. Its worth waiting to see if the winner of Kovalev Ward is open to talk if not then we get Alvarez Stevenson.

I don't think Kov would duck anyone but Stevenson has made a career of ducking ever since he won that title. And we all know Ward takes the path of least resistance and kicks and screams when he is made to fight top fighters.

Comment

• Who would of guessed

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonhead_Jeff View Post
                How was it bigger than his title-winning victory over lineal champ Chad Dawson? Or his victory over former champ, Tavoris Cloud? Or his stoppage of Tony Bellew, who went on to win a cruiserweight title and KO David Haye?
                He must of been joking.

Comment

• Let's hope he fights more than once a year like he did last year and fights SOG or Krusher.

Comment

• Originally posted by BroDimaggio View Post
                    What a useless fight.
                    Not for Canada or the U.K. That was fight of the century, there rioting in the streets and celebrating .

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonhead_Jeff View Post
                      Instead of appreciating his talent now, these people are just waiting for for him to lose, so they can say he was "exposed", even though he'll be over 40-years-old by then. Love him or hate him, but he's the champion. Not bad for a guy who turned pro at 29-years-old!

Yeah he is almost 40 and the past 4yrs he has made 0 effort to make a hall of fame career. He has 0 legacy. Its not like he has a list of great legendary fights against top 10 guys. His legacy is beating an already over the hill Chad Dawson, and a fringe contender in Fonfara twice,that is it. He has not even been coasting he has been fighting bums, what 4 fight in 3 yrs and those 4 fights were against bums.

Comment

Working...
                      X