Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The myth that Ward was the one that initiated the dirty tactics in Kovalev fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think this thread has done what it was created to do. Nobody can argue against that it was Kovalev that initiated the fouling and dirty fight. All we have now is people making excuses and showing themselves to be hypocrites.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
      What the **** is wrong with you? I was slightly starting to tolerate you and once again you go back to spewing ignorance instead of talking boxing. Then you wonder why I constantly call you bigots out.
      Can't take a joke?

Comment

Originally posted by Hype Job View Post
        Can't take a joke?
        I don't accept racial jokes on this site or any other. Especially when I'm trying to talk boxing and how Ward's going to leave A LOT of people angry and upset come June 18th.

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
          I don't accept racial jokes on this site or any other. Especially when I'm trying to talk boxing and how Ward's going to leave A LOT of people angry and upset come June 18th.

Comment

Originally posted by Shrap View Post
            ... You have here more than 1 hour and 6 minutes... (posted by a Russian "racist", of course...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
              ... You have here more than 1 hour and 6 minutes... (posted by a Russian "racist", of course...

Why did he skip round one? Because Kovalev was doing all the fouling in that round and he couldn't twist it to blame Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                No he didn't duck clearly below the waist multiple times before Koavlev started pushing the head down. I watched to make the gifs you see in the first post.

No it's not OK to foul just because you opponent has done it in other fights (that's ******ed). You can't complain about Ward and give Kovalev a pass. That's being an hypocrite.
                No he didn't duck clearly below the waist multiple times before Koavlev started pushing the head down.
                Oh yes he did. Not only was Andre Ward bending below the waist, but he was also coming in with his head (even in the first gif you posted) which is extremely dangerous. The referee didn't do anything to stop that. Which means, Kovalev has every right to take matters into his own hands by performing an illegal move of his own, which in this case was controlling Andre Ward's head. If Sergey Kovalev didn't do anything in response to Ward bending below the waist and then coming into range with his head down whilst moving his head upwards toward Sergey Kovalev, there's an extremely high chance that there would've been dangerous damage caused. Which is illegal BTW as the only damage in boxing should be inflicted by punches and not by any other body part.

No it's not OK to foul just because you opponent has done it in other fights (that's ******ed).
                No, it's not OK to perform an illegal move just because an opponent performed an illegal move in other fights. However, the point I was making was it's OK to be weary and prepared for dealing with those things if the referee doesn't do anything to stop it (which was the case with Sergey Kovalev and Andre Ward in their fight). Team Kovalev clearly even warned the referee pre-fight to watch out for Ward's head butting. The referee still didn't do anything to stop it. This then gave Kovalev even greater justifications to take matters into his own hands.

You can't complain about Ward and give Kovalev a pass. That's being an hypocrite
                That's not being a hypocrite because Ward is:

1) A consistent fouler whereas Kovalev isn't.

2) The one who initiated the illegal moves, which Sergey Kovalev then countered with illegal moves of his own (as the referee didn't stop Ward).

Perhaps learn to use the word 'hypocrite' in the correct context because it doesn't apply here.

If Sergey Kovalev was a consistent fouler (which he isn't), then I would also criticize him too.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                  ... imo, Kovaliov lost too much energy and time in willing to out-wrestle Ward... in this manner, Kovaliov gave enough "excuses" to those who "saw" Ward as "victorious"...
                  Kovalev used up more energy because he was throwing more powerful punches more frequently. I'd rather have a boxer trying to knock an opponent out by throwing more frequent power punches and then getting tired (Sergey Kovalev) over a boxer who rarely throws any power punches and doesn't get that tired (Andre Ward).

Comment

Originally posted by Tabaristio View Post
                    Oh yes he did. Not only was Andre Ward bending below the waist, but he was also coming in with his head (even in the first gif you posted) which is extremely dangerous. The referee didn't do anything to stop that. Which means, Kovalev has every right to take matters into his own hands by performing an illegal move of his own, which in this case was controlling Andre Ward's head. If Sergey Kovalev didn't do anything in response to Ward bending below the waist and then coming into range with his head down whilst moving his head upwards toward Sergey Kovalev, there's an extremely high chance that there would've been dangerous damage caused. Which is illegal BTW as the only damage in boxing should be inflicted by punches and not by any other body part.

No, it's not OK to perform an illegal move just because an opponent performed an illegal move in other fights. However, the point I was making was it's OK to be weary and prepared for dealing with those things if the referee doesn't do anything to stop it (which was the case with Sergey Kovalev and Andre Ward in their fight). Team Kovalev clearly even warned the referee pre-fight to watch out for Ward's head butting. The referee still didn't do anything to stop it. This then gave Kovalev even greater justifications to take matters into his own hands.

That's not being a hypocrite because Ward is:

1) A consistent fouler whereas Kovalev isn't.

2) The one who initiated the illegal moves, which Sergey Kovalev then countered with illegal moves of his own (as the referee didn't stop Ward).

Perhaps learn to use the word 'hypocrite' in the correct context because it doesn't apply here.

If Sergey Kovalev was a consistent fouler (which he isn't), then I would also criticize him too.
                    He didn't, show the evidence that he did it first. That gif shows him ducking but it's not clear that it's below the waist. It's not illegal to move you head, he can move it anywhere he wants if he doesn't headbutt and he hadn't. Complaining of someone fouling and defending someone else for doing it is being an hypocrite. That's what you are.

Ward did nothing illegal in those gifs from the first round, only Kovalev. Why do you think nobody is supporting your ******ed argument?

Comment

• It's been boring replying to a bunch of hypocrites. I'm off for the day see you hypocrites later.

Comment

Working...
                      X