Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The myth that Ward was the one that initiated the dirty tactics in Kovalev fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shape up View Post
    Funny, you has the opposite thought when floyd fought maidana the 2nd time, Bayliss didn't let maidana fight inside and you were fine with that, where is the difference hypocrite
    Did i? You sure about that?

I've said many times the Hatton and Maidana 2 fights are the ones when Mayweather held too much.

The difference here is you're blaming one fighter and giving the other a pass in the same damn fight. The one that started the fouling is getting a pass.

Isn't that hypocritical you moron?
    Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 06-04-2017, 05:30 AM.

Comment

I think your confused, floyd didn't need to hold in the 2nd fight because his puppy Bayliss wouldn't let maidana near him, it was the first fight floyd was holding, 36 times he clinched in the first 5 rounds, you should think before you write

Comment

I think your confused, floyd didn't need to hold in the 2nd fight because his puppy Bayliss wouldn't let maidana near him, it was the first fight floyd was holding, 36 times he clinched in the first 5 rounds, you should think before you write
        I think its you that's confused there's very little holding in that fight and a lot of it was Maidana holding after a flurry on the ropes.

But you're doing what a lot of people do when they have no argument for the thread topic. DEFLECTING.

Comment

So then your saying floyd held more in the second fight and not the first

Comment

So then your saying floyd held more in the second fight and not the first

If you want to discuss Mayweather make your own thread or bump one. Moron.

Comment

There's the answer I knew I'd get knucklehead, your full of **** this is what qualifies you as a fanboy with no real knowledge of the sport
              Last edited by Shape up; 06-04-2017, 05:56 AM.

Comment

There's the answer I knew I'd get knucklehead, your full of ****
                You knew someone wouldn't want to discuss Mayweather in a thread about Ward v Kovalev. So why bring him up, you're not very smart are you?

All you fools use the same tactics to derail threads you have no argument for.

Comment

Originally posted by RussTBE View Post
                  Ward was the one initiating them. He kept trying to get on the inside and kovalev simply put him in a headlock each time to give him a taste of his own medicine and nuetralize him.
                  Head locks are illegal.

Comment

Bending below the waist = illegal.

Andre Ward bent below the waist PRIOR to Sergey Kovalev holding Ward's head down = Ward INITIALLY performed an illegal move which was countered by an illegal move performed by Sergey Kovalev in response.

In addition, Andre Ward has a repeated habit of headbutting prior opponents and using other illegal moves on them. On the other hand, Sergey Kovalev prior to his fight against Ward has no such history. Thus, Kovalev holding Ward can be justifiably accepted as Sergey Kovalev PREEMPTIVELY defending himself against an illegal move Andre Ward CONSISTENTLY performs.

If the referee doesn't do anything to resolve this, then the boxer (Sergey Kovalev in this case) has to take matters into his own hands.

Considering how much Andre Ward headbutted Mikel Kessler without getting penalised, I'd say Sergey Kovalev has every right to PREEMPTIVELY be prepared for similar things.

Comment

It's funny how ten years from now there will be no revisionist history, no one will say kov came close but too much holding, kov almost kept his belts but American judges, no it will be Andre sog Ward relegated kov to the land of the "also rans". He'll be a second rate lhw who could handle wards boxing ability.

Comment

Working...
                      X