Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The myth that Ward was the one that initiated the dirty tactics in Kovalev fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tabaristio View Post
    Bending below the waist = illegal.

Andre Ward bent below the waist PRIOR to Sergey Kovalev holding Ward's head down = Ward INITIALLY performed an illegal move which was countered by an illegal move performed by Sergey Kovalev in response.

In addition, Andre Ward has a repeated habit of headbutting prior opponents and using other illegal moves on them. On the other hand, Sergey Kovalev prior to his fight against Ward has no such history. Thus, Kovalev holding Ward can be justifiably accepted as Sergey Kovalev PREEMPTIVELY defending himself against an illegal move Andre Ward CONSISTENTLY performs.

If the referee doesn't do anything to resolve this, then the boxer (Sergey Kovalev in this case) has to take matters into his own hands.

Considering how much Andre Ward headbutted Mikel Kessler without getting penalised, I'd say Sergey Kovalev has every right to PREEMPTIVELY be prepared for similar things.
    So kov was PREEMPTIVELY making illegal moves? Still illegal after all this long post.

Would it be acceptable for ward to punch kov in the nuts everytime he puts him in a headlock because of history?

Comment

Originally posted by TheUptownKid View Post
      So kov was PREEMPTIVELY making illegal moves? Still illegal after all this long post.
      Yes, he was. However, it doesn't change the fact that Andre Ward INITIATED the illegal moves performed by Sergey Kovalev after Andre Ward INITIALLY performed his illegal moves first. That was the main point of the thread. It's not about if Kovalev performed illegal moves but about who INITIATED them FIRST.

Comment

Yes, he was. However, it doesn't change the fact that Andre Ward INITIATED the illegal moves performed by Sergey Kovalev after Andre Ward INITIALLY performed his illegal moves first. That was the main point of the thread. It's not about if Kovalev performed illegal moves but about who INITIATED them FIRST.
        You said he initiated it by "bending below the waist" like bending his knees? That doesn't register for me as an initial foul, first of all. Secondly your logic in the diatribe afterwards is way off.

And if you meant bending below the opponents waist then you've obviously never seen sweet pea whitaker's defense.

Comment

Bending below the waist = illegal.

Andre Ward bent below the waist PRIOR to Sergey Kovalev holding Ward's head down = Ward INITIALLY performed an illegal move which was countered by an illegal move performed by Sergey Kovalev in response.

In addition, Andre Ward has a repeated habit of headbutting prior opponents and using other illegal moves on them. On the other hand, Sergey Kovalev prior to his fight against Ward has no such history. Thus, Kovalev holding Ward can be justifiably accepted as Sergey Kovalev PREEMPTIVELY defending himself against an illegal move Andre Ward CONSISTENTLY performs.

If the referee doesn't do anything to resolve this, then the boxer (Sergey Kovalev in this case) has to take matters into his own hands.

Considering how much Andre Ward headbutted Mikel Kessler without getting penalised, I'd say Sergey Kovalev has every right to PREEMPTIVELY be prepared for similar things.
          Can be argued that he was in line with the waist, the only time he's clearly below is when Kovalev is pushing him down.

Again another one saying it's OK for a fighter to foul because Ward did it in previous fights? Anyone can foul Kovalev in the future because he fouled Ward? That's how ****ing ****** that excuse is.

So Ward can foul with no complaints in the rematch because Kovalev fouled in the first fight?

Comment

Originally posted by TheUptownKid View Post
            You said he initiated it by "bending below the waist" like bending his knees? That doesn't register for me as an initial foul, first of all. Secondly your logic in the diatribe afterwards is way off.

And if you meant bending below the opponents waist then you've obviously never seen sweet pea whitaker's defense.
            You said he initiated it by "bending below the waist"
            Yes, I did and yes, he did.

That doesn't register for me as an initial foul,
            It's an illegal move per se according to the RULES of boxing. So it's irrelevant whether it 'registers' for you or not.

Yes, I have seen Sweet Pea Whitaker's defense. However, I don't see the relevance in me seeing his defense and Andre Ward performing an illegal move by ducking below the waist.

Whitaker performing an illegal move doesn't automatically make that move legal.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
              Can be argued that he was in line with the waist, the only time he's clearly below is when Kovalev is pushing him down.

Again another one saying it's OK for a fighter to foul because Ward did it in previous fights? Anyone can foul Kovalev in the future because he fouled Ward? That's how ****ing ****** that excuse is.

So Ward can foul with no complaints in the rematch because Kovalev fouled in the first fight?
              I've seen the fight and Andre Ward was clearly ducking below the waist multiple times before Sergey Kovalev pushed his head down.

Again another one saying it's OK for a fighter to foul because Ward did it in previous fights?
              It's OK for a boxer to be PREEMPTIVELY prepared on using illegal moves if his opponent has a CONSISTENT (being the key word) history of using illegal moves himself in past fights and if the referee doesn't do anything about.

Andre Ward does have a CONSISTENT history of using various illegal moves in his past fights where the referee didn't do anything to resolve those.

Therefore, Sergey Kovalev is justified in being preemptively prepared in dealing with those illegal moves using his own illegal moves if Ward threatens to use illegal moves first.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post

I've seen the fight and Andre Ward was clearly ducking below the waist multiple times before Sergey Kovalev pushed his head down.

Again another one saying it's OK for a fighter to foul because Ward did it in previous fights?
                It's OK for a boxer to be PREEMPTIVELY prepared on using illegal moves if his opponent has a CONSISTENT (being the key word) history of using illegal moves himself in past fights and if the referee doesn't do anything about.

Andre Ward does have a CONSISTENT history of using various illegal moves in his past fights where the referee didn't do anything to resolve those.

Therefore, Sergey Kovalev is justified in being preemptively prepared in dealing with those illegal moves using his own illegal moves if Ward threatens to use illegal moves first.

Anyone can foul Kovalev in the future because he fouled Ward? That's how ****ing ****** that excuse is.

This doesn't apply to Kovalev because Kovalev doesn't have a CONSISTENT history in using illegal moves like Ward does.

Comment

No he didn't duck clearly below the waist multiple times before Koavlev started pushing the head down. I watched to make the gifs you see in the first post.

No it's not OK to foul just because you opponent has done it in other fights (that's ******ed). You can't complain about Ward and give Kovalev a pass. That's being an hypocrite.

Comment

... imo, Kovaliov lost too much energy and time in willing to out-wrestle Ward... in this manner, Kovaliov gave enough "excuses" to those who "saw" Ward as "victorious"...

Comment

Originally posted by Hype Job View Post
                      Hellz yeah bruh, KKKovalev goin' down, we back baby! bruvvas back in on top
                      What the **** is wrong with you? I was slightly starting to tolerate you and once again you go back to spewing ignorance instead of talking boxing. Then you wonder why I constantly call you bigots out.

Comment

Working...
                      X