Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The myth that Ward was the one that initiated the dirty tactics in Kovalev fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ward was the one initiating them. He kept trying to get on the inside and kovalev simply put him in a headlock each time to give him a taste of his own medicine and nuetralize him.

Comment

Originally posted by RussTBE View Post
      Ward was the one initiating them. He kept trying to get on the inside and kovalev simply put him in a headlock each time to give him a taste of his own medicine and nuetralize him.
      Nah, you got it all wrong. Ward was offering the clinch and Kovalev took it knowing he can't fight on the onside. Ward is one of the best fighters on the break, and he knows that.

Comment

i know this for a fact. the very same people crying about ward being dirty vs. kkkovalev had absolutely no problem with anything Maidana did vs Floyd.

the ONLY dirty one was kkkovalev. he put ward in a headlock as soon as he went inside because kkkovalev is not effective in the pocket. he didn't want to trade at close range. kkkovalev is deadly only long range where his punches extend since he has reach advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by Mukuro View Post
          I agree it is not the same as what Hopkins did. The fact of the matter is that referees allow it and he is effective with it, so it is what it is. To the point of the thread though, Kovalev was attempting to neutralize it by locking his arms up inside and getting away from Ward's head.

Saying that Kovalev initiated "dirty" tactics though ignores context. We know how each fighter fights. We should all be able to see what was going on clearly, although some people want to argue differently.
          You can see what's going on clearly in the first round, i even posted Gifs. Everytime Ward got close Kovalev fouled him by pushing his head down and leaning on him. He did it the entire fight, but people want to blame Ward. The gifs clearly show Ward wasn't the one doing anything wrong, he started holding after continually being fouled himself. All you need is a pair of fucking eyes (you could still see it with one eye).

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
            You can see what's going on clearly in the first round, i even posted Gifs. Everytime Ward got close Kovalev fouled him by pushing his head down and leaning on him. He did it the entire fight, but people want to blame Ward. The gifs clearly show Ward wasn't the one doing anything wrong, he started holding after continually being fouled himself. All you need is a pair of fucking eyes (you could still see it with one eye).
            I'm not denying that Kovalev pushed his head down and clamped down on Ward. I am explaining that he was doing it preemptively to neutralize what Ward does in all of his big fights. Kovalev does not usually clinch or use those tactics, but they did a decent job of shutting down Ward's inside game.

My point is that what he did was a proactive response to Ward's standard tactics, which you can see in all of his big fights. Alternatively, Kovalev never fights like that. I am adding nuance to the statement that Kovalev initiated to reflect the reality of what was happening in the ring.

It isn't really a point you can argue against. It is factual and should be obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by Mukuro View Post
              I'm not denying that Kovalev pushed his head down and clamped down on Ward. I am explaining that he was doing it preemptively to neutralize what Ward does in all of his big fights. Kovalev does not usually clinch or use those tactics, but they did a decent job of shutting down Ward's inside game.

My point is that what he did was a proactive response to Ward's standard tactics, which you can see in all of his big fights. Alternatively, Kovalev never fights like that. I am adding nuance to the statement that Kovalev initiated to reflect the reality of what was happening in the ring.

It isn't really a point you can argue against. It is factual and should be obvious.
              So it's OK to foul if you think your opponent will? Is that your excuse?

Comment

Originally posted by KingHippo View Post
                Nah, you got it all wrong. Ward was offering the clinch and Kovalev took it knowing he can't fight on the onside. Ward is one of the best fighters on the break, and he knows that.
                So hes supposed to let ward grab one hand and try to mini uppercut him on the inside lol? He did they right thing by headlocking him so the ref could separate and so ward has to play his game on the outside which ward cant do.

Comment

Originally posted by RussTBE View Post
                  So hes supposed to let ward grab one hand and try to mini uppercut him on the inside lol? He did they right thing by headlocking him so the ref could separate and so ward has to play his game on the outside which ward cant do.
                  So Kovalev cheated to gain an advantage.

Comment

So what we are seeing from the ******s is that it's OK for Kovalev to foul Ward. Because Ward fouled in previous fights.

If Ward fouls back he's the dirty fighter and should be ridiculed, but not Kovalev he's allowed to do it.
                    Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 06-04-2017, 01:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                      So it's OK to foul if you think your opponent will? Is that your excuse?
                      Just like i said before...you've never fought before.

Comment

Working...
                      X