Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The myth that Ward was the one that initiated the dirty tactics in Kovalev fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

right, yea sure. i reckon its a myth that ward initiates any clinch, or elbows, headbutts. its all a myth.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
      right, yea sure. i reckon its a myth that ward initiates any clinch, or elbows, headbutts. its all a myth.
      It's all Kovalev's fault. Making him fight dirty and all. The Ward fanboys are like a bunch of ostriches in a desert with their asses up in the air.

Comment

Kovalev and Kessler are two fights that the "dirty tactics" talk come up most often with Ward. I don't even remember it coming up (this much) after the Froch fight. I know there was a huge cut from a headbutt in the Kessler fight however, it seems that fans of both will not accept that Ward was able to defeat these two.

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
          Do you have an argument that he didn't. Or do you just want to deflect?
          You've never fought before.

Comment

Ward is a famous dirty fighter know for deliberately head butting and holding and hitting. He often gets away with it because over 90% of his fights are in his hometown of Oakland. Kovalev is a clean fighter and a KO artist. He wins his fights with good long range boxing, a long accurate and very hard left jab and real power in both hands. You can try to turn that around and make Ward the clean fighter and Kovalev the dirty fighter all you want. Ward earned his reputation as a dirty fighter while Kovalev has never been called a dirty fighter because he isn't a dirty fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post

This is what would happen everytime, it would be ward kessler/bika all over again, who wants that? The point of boxing is damage with your fists, not you head/elbows..

Floyd boys are incredible hypocrites doe, this was floyds go to move, abused so it was.
              Exactly. Ward met a fighter who didn't walk right into his head butts and his fans continue to whine about Kov's "dirty" tactics. They were defensive tactics against a guy who is known to foul and never gets called on it. If the refs did their job, it wouldn't be an issue and Kov wouldn't be doing it.

Comment

Kovalev preempted Ward's dirty tactics by initiating clinches. Watch their other fights it is obvious he is holding to neutralize Ward's "inside game". It is simple and uncontroversial. If you don't see it as that, you are either lying or incredibly imperceptive.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
                  Total myth! Ward never cheats. Cleanest fighter out there. That dirty old Russian bully needs to come clean. (wipes away tears)

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                    They both were clinching. But to excuse your guy doing it by saying the other guy did it first is childish.

Ward has a history of holding and headbutting. Kovalev doesnt
                    it really is a stupid argument. it reminds me of our government down here, "the previous government was corrupt so it's ok for us to be it too".

Comment

This proves the OP doesn't know what he's watching but we already knew that.

Comment

Working...
                      X