Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Let's be honest. The main reason Floyd fans trash Margarito is......

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
    For a athlete with such a big ego, sometimes Mayweather lacked serious confidence in his ability! I believe that he was unsure of Margarito! I always remember a quote by a track and field athletes called Michael Johnson! Who over the history of his career, was only beaten literally 5 times in competition! You will probably only find video footage of him losing about 3 times! (Johnson stated that? He never stepped on the track unless he was certain that he was going to win! He stated that he never chanced it, or left anything to fate!)...

Floyd Mayweather in my opinion also had this same mentality, he does not TAKE a fight unless he is certain he is going to win! and his body and mind is in the optimal condition! This is a very unusual mindset for a boxer, because sometimes in the sport of boxing you have to just take your opportunities! That is why throughout my life i have never bet against Floyd Mayweather! If he takes a fight? He has perceptually seen something that he can exploit.

Mayweather was weary of Margarito, but in my opinion he would of beat him! Mayweather back when Cotto faced Margarito had the ability to put his punches together, and i even think he was marginally tougher than Cotto mentality! It would be a good fight, but Mayweather would just be landing too many punches.

It would be a brutal fight.

Stopped reading right there.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
      they hate on marg for the simple fact that floyd avoided him even though floyd could have beaten him so this makes floyd looks bad, its one of those high risk low reward type fight.
      Floyd "avoided" Tony(and Arum) to fight the MUCH better Oscar.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post

Stopped reading right there.
        Sometimes he was unsure of how good he was, this is a fact! Otherwise he would not of stalled so many fights, he was never afraid! just a perfectionist. He only signed for fights, when he was certain he was going to win! when his mind, body and spirit where all in the right place! (This is why he was so hard to beat, and why he will never end up like the past great fighters! who sometimes went into fights, hoping that they would be their best! or with serious doubts, so they had to convince themselves and protest!).

Comment

Floyd "avoided" Tony(and Arum) to fight the MUCH better Oscar.
          floyd fans still feeling sour about it because that made floyd looked real bad. it was a high risk low reward fight so i can see why floyd avoided marg. it just wasnt worth it, business wise! why go thru all that work and possibly take a beating in the process only to get crumbs at the end.

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
            Sometimes he was unsure of how good he was, this is a fact! Otherwise he would not of stalled so many fights, he was never afraid! just a perfectionist. He only signed for fights, when he was certain he was going to win! when his mind, body and spirit where all in the right place! (This is why he was so hard to beat, and why he will never end up like the past great fighters! who sometimes went into fights, hoping that they would be their best! or with serious doubts, so they had to convince themselves and protest!).
            How it that a fact fool??

All the fights you claimed HE stalled are all involved with Top Rank and Bob Arum.

A fighter unsure of his abilities would not have given Castillo and immediate rematch...much less fought Oscar on his own terms.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
              floyd fans still feeling sour about it because that made floyd looked real bad. it was a high risk low reward fight so i can see why floyd avoided marg. it just wasnt worth it, business wise! why go thru all that work and possibly take a beating in the process only to get crumbs at the end.
              Nothing high risk about a slow....plodding.... fighter that comes straight at you.

In order for Floyd to fight Margarito...he would have had to sign a THREE fight deal with Top Rank and say goodbye to the Oscar fight.

Arum used Floyd's name to sell Margarito to suckers like you.

.....and you're still sucking after all these years.

Comment

Originally posted by Hype Job View Post
                Because deep down they feel that Floyd avoided that fight, and feel that Margs was a threat to Floyd.

They don't like that the love of their lives (Floyd) is perceived as having ducked that fight, so at every opportunity they try to diminish Margarito.

Damn, homie. You making ANOTHER MAYWEATHER THREAD??? Be careful. People are going to start thinking you are his biggest fan. Well, if not that, you certainly seem obsessed with him!

Comment

Margo's slowness was going to beat Floyd, ok

Comment

Hype Job is devastated that Floyd retired undefeated

Comment

Nothing high risk about a slow....plodding.... fighter that comes straight at you.

In order for Floyd to fight Margarito...he would have had to sign a THREE fight deal with Top Rank and say goodbye to the Oscar fight.

Arum used Floyd's name to sell Margarito to suckers like you.

.....and you're still sucking after all these years.
                      it was a high risk low reward fight. i get why floyd didnt wanna take it. wasnt worth the trouble.

Comment

Working...
                      X