Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Kovalev: A Girl Slapped My Shoulder - Ward's Punches Like That

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So why didn't you beat him then, Kova?

Comment

plot twist: the girl was Claressa Shields

Comment

The fight was close because of the body punches. Those body punches had Kovalev backing up the 2nd half of the fight. So Ward was doing damage, otherwise, he would been coming forward the entire fight. Close fight though 115-113 was the score and that could have gone either way. No robbery, glad the rematch is happening.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
          You can't walk through a guy's punches just because he doesn't hit that hard. All the smothering and wrestling eats your energy up very very quickly and he can still score while you lunge in.

Buncha clueless coach potatoes
          95% of the time initiated by kovalev because he was scared to death of engaging ward inside.

hits like a girl doe.. let me bear hug him as soon as he gets close. makes sense.

Comment

hits like a girl... so let me bring this russian super coach to help me be in better shape to fight this girl again.

makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
              Fairly common knowledge he kinda ran outta steam the last third of the fight. He just wants to pace himself better and have a full tank to go 12 difficult rounds.
              I guess what I should've stated is, when you're undefeated, why change your routine so drastically? It's like he psyched himself out because he was fighting Andre Ward! What amazes me, was that he didn't seem to prepare for the in-fighting that was guaranteed to take place!

Comment

Quote:
                Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
                Fairly common knowledge he kinda ran outta steam the last third of the fight. He just wants to pace himself better and have a full tank to go 12 difficult rounds.

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                I guess what I should've stated is, when you're undefeated, why change your routine so drastically? It's like he psyched himself out because he was fighting Andre Ward! What amazes me, was that he didn't seem to prepare for the in-fighting that was guaranteed to take place!
                Yeah, like I indicated, he didn't have the right gameplan in the first fight. Ran outta steam way too soon. That indicates being too stiff in the ring, not relaxing and letting it flow. And BTW I still think he should listen better to JDJ, and stop telling him to shutup during fights. JDJ should tell him the rules, and MAKE him abide by 'em. No fighter should be bossing the trainer around. Having said that, the guy has a golden opportunity to bone up properly and do this thing right. The big question is, will he do it, or choke again? We see how Chad Dawson's career nosedived from him always thinking he knew best. Hopefully that doesn't happen to Kovalev.

Comment

too many excuses coming from the Kovalev camp

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
                    Quote:
                    Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff View Post

Yeah, like I indicated, he didn't have the right gameplan in the first fight. Ran outta steam way too soon. That indicates being too stiff in the ring, not relaxing and letting it flow. And BTW I still think he should listen better to JDJ, and stop telling him to shutup during fights. JDJ should tell him the rules, and MAKE him abide by 'em. No fighter should be bossing the trainer around. Having said that, the guy has a golden opportunity to bone up properly and do this thing right. The big question is, will he do it, or choke again? We see how Chad Dawson's career nosedived from him always thinking he knew best. Hopefully that doesn't happen to Kovalev.
                    I agree, the game plan seemed to be flawed, but if Kovalev is not listening to his corner, then no matter what the game plan is, he may face defeat again.

Comment

Was it during a rape or a hate crime?

Comment

Working...
                      X